Chapter 8: Im Not Yours To Own

I woke up to hearing my heart thump in my ears like a drum loudly and smelling my own blood and sat quickly. Due to the fact I'm half Human and half Vampire whatever was bleeding was half my healed. I rubbed my head and looked around to see i was in some sort of hospital room. I put my legs over the edge of the bed and got down. This place gave me the creeps and looked like something out of a horror movie. I heard something moving around and looked for the door. 

"Nathan if this is your way of trying to scare me you suck at it" i said finding a door finally and opening it. It led to steps and i made my way up them and as i did i learned where the blood was coming from. My leg it was still a little sore but i could tell it was completely healed now. When i approached top of the steps the door was chained and locked and i laughed. Really Nathan silver chains wont keep locked in here i thought grabbing hold of the lock and ripping it right off. The chains came falling to my feet and i smiled. I'm half human remember silver doesn't hurt me i thought again hoping he heard it too. I pushed open the door and i was surprised to see the kitchen. It was all white and marbled and i was dirty and had blood and mud stains everywhere. 

"Ms. Giles may i ask why you were in the basement?" Mrs. Whitehorse questioned and i couldn't speak. 

"Well?" She stated again. 

"I honestly don't know Nathan" i started and she cut me off. 

"You mean Nathaniel " she corrected me and i nodded quickly. 

"YesI mean Nathaniel, locked me down there" i replied and a deep voice behind him spoke up. 

"Mother i am terribly sorry Sam and I were just training this was apart of it" he said now at my side and she smiled. 

"Oh well get her cleaned up dear we have guest" she said overjoyed and leaving the room. 

"Yes ma'am" he called out after her and he looked at me and laughed 

"You look like shit" he said laughing more and i took a breath to keep my cool.  

"I cant say you look bad yourself hows that arm?" I asked smiling not letting him get to me this time. 

"Your lucky i didn't chain you up" he said angrily 

"Aww Nathaniel don't make promises like that i might just let you" i said running upstairs and to my room and shutting my door. Nathan stood at the end of the steps speechless and a bit pissed off so my goal had been reached. I smiled and gave myself a pat on the back and head to the bathroom and ran a hot bubble bath. I got undressed and tossed the dirty clothes in a corner and got into the steaming bath and sunk into it til it was at my chin. I sighed in relief and started to relax as the water grew a little brown from all the dirt that formed and held its place on my skin. It had now all soaked off leaving my skin clear and soft as it had always been. I began to drift off to sleep and images instantly shot in my head of Nathan and Nick walking and talking with the Vikings kids. They were fighting and tearing each other apart until there was nothing of them left. Then images and flashbacks of my parents came at play. 

'FLASHBACK' 

"Mommy are there bad people in the world?" The 8 year old version of me asked my mom as she brushed my hair back into a pony tail by the pool. 

"Sweet heart the world is filled with a lot of bad people" she said smiling as the sun hit her perfect face. 

"Were they always bad?" I asked turning to look up at her. 

"No not always baby girl they never start out bad they just become that way, other people turn them into bad monsters" he said tickling me and i laughed wildly. 

"Will a monster ever get me mommy?" I asked but she didn't answer 

"No monster will get my little ball of sunshine " my dad answered for me with a huge smile on his face. I wish he were right. Only did they know i was now the monster they never pictured i'd become. The images cleared from my head as i woke to talking on the other side of the door. I sat up with tears streaming down my face. I'm not yours to own Nathan i thought and he replied unexpectedly. 

" i know that but if i dont protect you... " he said into my mind and i wiped my face. 

"If you don't protect me then what? Your always a huge ass to me and your mean why would i even want you to protect me? As soon as this war is over i want nothing to do with you for the next 3 days and one week don't speak to me or anything we'll train and that's it" i thought and i could hear him sigh. 

"I...I'm... I'm sorry Sam OK " he thought back but this time i don't reply i just blocked all my thoughts so he couldn't hear them and I began crying again.