25• Calm before the storm

Start from the beginning

I take a deep breath balancing myself, I may have lost my old self after learning what really happened to my parents but I still have my utter dislike of authority which isn't about to stop now with Commander Eyebrows yelling at me.

" I don't care what I'm supposed to be doing er- " my eyes glance next to the disapproving eyebrowed man, to see an even more disapproving short man.

Levi

" and hello to you too shorty " I smirk, losing focus of Erwin.

" Mia, these barrels need to be set in place before the titan makes it here - get to work. " Erwin commands.

I roll my eyes at him still smiling at my favorite midget.

" stop smiling at me shit head, you heard the commander. " Levi glares at me.

Geez what's with everyone today?

I mean I get that we're about to face some giant titan, with unimaginable strength but eren and I have it under control - it's nothing we can't handle.

" Mia, you're aware of the plan correct? " Erwin asks me, his eyes boring into my head.

" yeah yeah, eren turns into a titan and throws me and the explosive barrels into Rods mouth and i use my ability to implode the guy. " I say uninterested, I mean I have been told this 100 times already.

" tsk " Levi says clicking his tongue in an apparent state of annoyance.

" Good, Mia - Levi and I will be on the other side so this will be the last we see you, until after the battle. " Erwin says sadness taking over his voice

Does he not think we can do it?

" I hope to see you after Cadet, make us proud. " He finishes walking closer to me and placing his remaining hand on my shoulder, a saddened smile plastering his face.

For an odd reason my mouth is open, in shock. Soon a wave of nausea floods me and I feel frozen.

I'm scared. This pressure has been placed on me now, not only do I have to assist majorly in the killing of Rod Reiss but I have to live through it too.

My eyes are able to find Levi's, and my eyes open even wider.

Oh no, and I have my promise to Levi too! I can't break that, he'll kill me!

My breathing quickens and my hands begin to shake from the fear.

Erwin thankfully doesn't notice this and walks away leaving me standing alone, with my dangerous thoughts rushing over me.

What if I die?

What if Levi dies?

What if my ability falters and the plan fails?

What if my friends die? I have so many promises to them!

What if Rod gets through.. because of me?

My heart starts beating faster and faster, and I feel like I'm going to faint.

The old Mia wouldn't be scared.. she'd be excited for the opportunity to kill someone like him.

But I still don't know who I am and this fear rushing over me has me gasping for air.

Suddenly I feel a strong pair of arms around me and my breathing softens.

" You'll be okay. " Levi murmurs into my hair.

" L-Levi I'm scared " I whimper, tightening my grip

" Don't be brat, you have orders remember? And if the ' old ' Mia could follow them than so can you. "

He's right.

I steady myself releasing from his arms, I take one final deep breath running a hand through my long hair.

" I'll see you after Okay? " i ask, dropping my hand from my hair.

" You will, and I'll see you - Alive. " he says sternly, he leans forward kissing me on the forehead.

" I think I deserve a little more than that, don't ya think ? " I tease, poking his side.

" Perhaps, but we have time don't we ? "

" yeah, i guess so. " I roll my eyes.

" Good luck blondie " he walks past me, his fresh scent rushing over me.

" Dont need it. " i smirk.

- Mikasas POV -

" Aww! They're adorable ! " Hange screams right next to me, my ears actually hurt more now than when Mia uses her screaming ability and my ears bled then.

" No they're not. " Eren Scoffs, crossing his arms.

" yeah yeah we get it , you love Mia. " Jean mocks Eren, though I know he does it still hurts to hear it aloud but I guess there's not much I can do about it, it's not like i stand a chance.

Eren turns red as Jean and Hange go off putting on their ear muffs for when Mia uses her ability.

" if Mia would just realize that I love her.. " he mutters to himself, i can only roll my eyes in frustration and wish that Hange created eye muffs too.

" Eren, she's never going to love you back so get over it . " I spit at him with venom lancing my voice.

" Oh yeah? And what do you know about love Mikasa ? " he glares at me, stiffening.

" A lot actually.. " I whisper, my eyes darkening. Eren just continues to stare at me but I refuse to focus on him.

" Don't die out there Eren. " I say, walking off to get my own ear muffs and leaving a flabbergasted Eren behind.