Ch144: Simon's Fireworks

Start from the beginning

"Alright, I'll bite," he said. "Why do girls suck?"

All Simon managed to get out of Alec's mumbled reply was something along the lines of "wanting what they can't have."

"You are gonna have to explain a little better than that if you want my sympathy," Simon replied.

"I know what you're talking about," Izzy said, opening her eyes and lifting her head to face her brother. "You're talking about mom's work friend, Brenda."

Alec grumbled some more, looking throughly put out.

"What am I missing?" Simon asked the table at large.

"I saw her," Izzy informed her brother. "Little vixen." Izzy laughed.

"She was all over him," Alec whined.

"Yeah, but a girl isn't a worry," Izzy reminded her brother. "I mean, Magnus is gay, right?"

"Magnus is bi," Alec corrected.

"Oh that sucks," Izzy stated.

"What? Why?" Alec asked, looking worried.

"Because instead of competing with only half the world, you have to compete with all of it."

"He's my husband," Alec reminded her, almost as if trying to convince himself.

"Doesn't mean other people don't have eyes," Izzy grinned at him. "Or didn't you know that your husband is hot?" She laughed.

"Oh, shut up Izzy," Alec scoffed.

"If you are so annoyed about it, go steal him back from her," Izzy shrugged.

"If he wants to give in to such attention, it isn't my job to stop him," Alec huffed.

"Isn't it though?" Simon asked. "I mean as far as I remember you two both did vow to forsake all others at this little ceremony I remember attending called a wedding."

At that Alec groaned, laid his head down on the table, and sulked. It was all Simon could do to keep from laughing at him. After all, there was no way in this world or the next, that Magnus would be welcoming such attentions, and sure enough only moments later...

"Did I lose her?" Magnus's voice made them all jump, especially Alec. Magnus sat down beside Alec, looking like he wanted to hide behind his husband for all eternity.

"Just in time," Simon laughed. "Your husband has been sulking."

"What, why?" Magnus asked turning to Alec, looking concerned.

"You were trying to lose her, huh?" Alec asking, smiling.

"Of course I was," Magnus stated obviously. "I'm a married man, and even if I weren't, she's crazy!" He mimed crazy by making a circle with his finger near his ear, before adding, "Now tell me, what were you sulking about, my love?"

A huge grin spread across Alec's face as he planted a big kiss on his husbands lips. Magnus, though clearly still confused, accept the kiss happily.

"Idiots," Izzy muttered under her breath.

"Love does tend to have that effect," Simon replied easily as he stroked his girlfriends hair.

"Turning people into idiots, you mean?" Izzy replied softly, her eyes closed again.

"The very same," Simon smiled.

"Does that mean I can turn you into an idiot?" Izzy asked.

"Can, have, do," Simon answered, kissing the top of her head.