48: Clarity is Painful

Start from the beginning

"You're safer with him, alright?! He's less trouble and more good than I could ever be..." Allen argues, almost sulking at the end.

You couldn't believe what you were witnessing right now. The Allen Jones, Super Bad Boy and Mr. Sailor Mouth, is putting himself down. "Al, you're joking right?" you nearly laugh, but you saw his serious face so you couldn't dare to do it. "Look, I get that you can go to them however you want, because you're immortal and all, but I don't see the point! Why not tell them to the police?" you told him, now standing next to him. "They have connections to the police," he shakes his head, just as frustrated.

"Is it really your only option then?" you ask him once more, leaning against his shoulder. Allen leaned his head on top of yours, but he remains silent for a while. "I'm not sure," he confesses, "but anything is fine if it'll keep you safe."

MATTHIEU WILLIAMS

"That was beyond unnecessary, Matt!" you scolded at him, fixing up the fresh bandage wrapped around his knuckles as the two of you waited outside the mayor's office like kids called to the principal's office. You could hear the faint roaring of complaints from inside, coming from the mouths of the people your boyfriend had beaten up earlier.

See, as soon as you crashed to the ground, Matt instantly throws a punch at the old man. He didn't give any fuck, what so ever, about who was watching. Unfortunately, David Warren—another poacher who was just as brawny and no brain—saw the scene and immediately came to fend for his uncle. This resulted in another opponent entering the match with your boyfriend.

At that point, your throat grew sore from all the screaming you did, trying to stop them. "Stop it! For fuck's sake, stop acting like children!!!" your veins nearly popped as you screamed. Matt was taken aback by the curse word that he hears you yell. Damn, it was the F word, too. He was frozen, straddling the younger Warren with his hand still in a fist.

David Warren, however, didn't stop clawing at your boyfriend. And with Matt distracted, he takes the opportunity and tackles your boyfriend down. So, you may or may not have decided to slap him—so hard that he falls back, nearly losing consciousness. As soon as that happens, the town police finally come to the scene, witnessing the sight of three men down on the ground with one woman standing and stressed out of her mind.

"I wasn't just gonna let that old man talk to you like that!" Matt argues, pulling you back to the present situation. His brows were knitted together in annoyance as you took note of how his chest was heaving, trying to calm his emotions down. You knew he was still mad about what had happened to you. "You didn't have to punch him!" you still scolded, causing him to glare at you. "He pushed you (Y/N)!" he exclaims, "In case you didn't notice, you have a wound on your arm because of it!"

Matt tugs on your arm to emphasize his point, and that made you flinch. He softens at the sight of you, quiet and meek from his words. "Look, I'm sorry for yelling, but you get my point," he apologized yet his belief was still firm. No one's going to get away with disrespecting you. "Still," you dimly began after a long moment of silence, "it could've been avoidable! Now, look at what happened! The Warrens are gonna blow our heads off with all their complaining."

Your boyfriend nearly laughs, but the Warrens just came out of the door, looking even more furious than before. David instantly marches towards the both of you, and Matt immediately decides to stand and straighten his posture to his full height. You quickly stand up as well, laying a wary hand on Matt's arm.

Though Matt was most definitely more intimidating than the two men combined, David still had the guts to voice out his ridiculous anger. "Now you listen here, Williams," the man sneers, "you and your whore best stay away from me and my uncle. Otherwise, I won't hesitate to make your lives a living hell."