Stitches Part 3 (Jason Todd x Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Oh my god! You actually came!" Thea exclaims.

I am pulled into a tight hug causing me to laugh. Once I am released from Thea's death grip I notice Oliver loitering behind her. I smile and pull him into a quick hug, muttering a quiet thank you into his ear.

"Don't thank me, thank Thea." He replies.

"Ok, so everything is set up and ready to go." Thea babbles.

"Awesome! What do you guys want us to perform?" Steph replies.

"Anything you want." Oliver interrupts.

"How about that old love song you used to sing?" Thea requests.

I sit on the stage and scoff, the memories of Jason come flooding back. If I ever find him at the bottom of a well I would just leave him there, or better yet throw a rock at his head. But I'm not that lucky, like a bad penny he'll always show up when he needs something. The one time I needed him, when my mother got the cancer diagnosis, he was harder to find than empathy at a psychopath conference. After that I put him in his rightful place in my mind, he is only a friend of convenience and nothing more.

"I don't know how to sing about love when I'm not feeling it," I reply bitterly.

"Then, sing about what you are feeling!" Barbara exclaims.

I sigh and lift the microphone to my lips. my voice rolls over the room in sorrowful waves. Swells of power rise up in my throat. My voice is the music, and grace, and the haunting feeling of knowing that my voice is brought out in a fit of rage, of pain.

I was cheated by you

And I think you know when

So I made up my mind
It must come to an end

Look at me now, will I ever learn?
I don't know how
But I suddenly lose control
There's a fire within my soul
Just one look
And I can hear a bell ring
One more look and I forget everything, w-o-o-o-o-h

Mamma mia, here I go again
My my, how can I resist ya?
Mamma mia, does it show again?
My my, just how much I've missed ya
Yes, I've been brokenhearted
Blue since the day we parted
Why, why did I ever let you go?
Mamma mia, now I really know
My my, I should not have let you go

Jason Pov

Roy and I saunter into the Verdant, exhausted from the job we had just finished. My brain is on five per cent battery, I wanted some rest before heading back to Gotham tomorrow morning but Roy decided that I needed to see his old workplace for some unknown reason. The music that fills the air is upbeat and happy, definitely not the stuff I listen to. But the voices that come with the music sound as if they are in the room, their giggles filling the room when they aren't singing. I turn a corner and discover the source of the voices and my jaw drops. (Y/N) sings and dances with an ease that the world craves to grasp, but never seems to capture. A smile stretches across her face as she performs. Her voice is smooth and clear and quiet yet powerful. Soothing, in a beautiful way.

I was angry and sad

'Bout the things that you do

I can't count all the times that I cried over you

And when you go

When you slam the door
I think you know
That you won't be away too long
You know that I'm not that strong
Just one look
And I can hear a bell ring
One more look and I forget everything, w-o-o-o-oh