17• Truth in the Caverns

Începe de la început

Its like the princess and the frog I guess, but I prefer this version because it has my name in it!

Its my favorite story but mommy doesn't have time to read it to me anymore and nor does my daddy.

" Mommy! Look what i drew! " i say pulling her towards the naked drawing.

I hear daddy enter too and mommy quickly sighs

" I don't have time for this Amelia, nor do I have time for you " she spits out, yanking her arm away from me.

My heart falters slightly, as much as I love my name — why does it seem that every time my mom uses it, it's not for something pleasant.

Its always to yell at me or be mean to me. I don't understand why..

My heart shatters a little before I quickly sweep away the pieces putting on a smile once more

They love me, I know it. Right?

—- End of Flashback -—

I feel the cold blow over me and I shudder lightly, my eyes fly open but this time I'm met with a different room.

What is this place?

My eyes only widen when I fully notice where I am. A room encapsulated with blue crystal with matching crystal pillars that seemingly hold the roof up.

Again a cold breeze flushed me but this time I take notice in something else, I'm bare. I'm strung by cuffs and there's an obvious gag in my mouth but for me, I'm concerned about the fact I'm wearing nothing but my jeans, boots and bra.

I turn pink when I notice the figure next to me- Eren. He too is wearing a gag him and cuffs on his arms just like the ones I have.

My eyes reach downwards noticing his lack of a shirt too and I blush seeing how toned he is, I guess he really isn't ' little ' Eri  anymore.

Georgraphy suddenly walks through wearing a simple white dress, why isn't she tied up?

She looks up to us, while the two of us remain restrained.

" Eren, Mia my father - he... he's been misunderstood "

I raise my eyebrow at her - maybe she was injected with more tranquilizer than I thought.

" his intentions are pure - I swear. "

" You must recognize this place, Eren? " Rod appears, walking nearer to our platform.

What's going on? And why am I here?

" Come my daughter, lets let Eren remember this place " he nods to Mathematics before they both start ascending the stairs up to our platform

They go up to Eren and I, standing behind the two of us.

" and you probably want to know why you're here Amelia, right? " Rod asks  - again with the name.

But no matter how much anger I feel, he's right. I do want to know.

So I nod as best I can despite the chain in my mouth.

Rod and Historia stand behind Eren first raising their hands to his, i look at Eren worryingly.

I try to pull out of my chains but alas they keep me solid.

Erens eyes go wide and slowly tears start to trickle down his face.

What are they doing to him?! I start to panic still trying to pull myself out of these stupid chains.

His eyes slowly start to fall smaller while the tears freshly fall down his face.

Since only my wrists were withheld I use my hand and stretch my fingers as far as I can so they slightly intertwine with his.

He looks back to me managing to move his face , a dusted pink painting  his cheeks along with the tears that continue to fall.

" wha- who was that? " Historia asks dumbfounded.

" when you brought Erens memory back, you brought some of your own too. "

What are they talking about?

Did they bring some of Erens memory back? If so, what memory? I mean I've been with him since he's been able to crawl what could he possibly of forgotten?

" Amelia, I'm going to take off the chain so you can talk but please, listen first. " Rod commands, I nod — curious as to what information he could possibly have on me that not even I know.

He takes out a single key, unlocking the gag that keeps me unable to speak.

" Now I'm sure you understand why Eren and Historia are here correct? "

" Duh. "

" In a better sense. You are aware that Eren is a titan. "

" Yeah, he's a titan shifter. "

" Well, simply yes but Erens not just any Titan, you see his father ate my entire family, consuming all of their powers. Grisha even ate my daughter or what you may refer to as the founding titan . " I look to Eren, at a complete loss of words.

" Grisha then had all the powers of my family and has now passed them on to him.. Eren.  " he continues , my eyes look back and forth between the two, shocked of what I'm hearing.

" You see with Erens powers we can help the world and wipe the slate clean. "

" — Tell me. What do I have to do with this ?"

" Well Amelia, you're not as normal as you think you are. "   My eyes furrow, unsure of what he's going on about.

" you see Amelia, every known family has some sort of power. And my family has the ability to wipe people's mind entirely "  Rod explains, suddenly a feeling of fear and uncertainty relished in the pit of my stomach

" what do I have to do with this ? " I repeat, my voice beginning to sound distant and weak.

" because other than Eren, you have an ability, one that others would just die to get their hands on. "

" but- but it's impossible! My family is nothing they were definitely not of noble blood " but not even I am convinced.

"  Perhaps. " I furrow my brows, that was not the answer I expected.

" What does that mean? "

" You'll find out, Amelia. All in good time. But know this, everyone aware of your ability fears you far more than you could of ever expected."