Chapter 68: Family

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I breathed, giving him a weak smile, "Now... can everyone fucking get along for once?! Hate it or love it, but we've lost a lot of people - family, friends - we are all each other got. So fuckin' deal with it. Eat, drink, get fucked up and have a good time, but for fuck sakes, no more fighting."

"We're family..." I breathed in a calmer tone.

"Mom has spoken," Megan taunted, winking at me.

I giggled, "Yes, she fuckin' has. Now do it!"

As soon as I sat back down, Billy leaned over and pressed his lips against my ear, sending chills up my spine, "That's my girl."

"Looks like I might just be cut out to be with you, after all." I whispered, running my hand up his thigh under the table. Billy caught my hand in his, stopping me from going any further. I giggled, "Question is, do you have what it takes Mr. Darley?"

"Keep doing that shit and I'm gonna fuck you in the bathroom," He whispered in my ear.

Rafael cleared his throat, gaining our attention, "Your kid is still bawling up there,"

"I'll go deal with him," Billy said flatly.

I cocked an eyebrow up, "Uh... that's okay, I'll do-"

"I can do it," He cut me off sharply, "He's my kid too."

I pressed my tongue against the inside of my cheek, "Uh... okay, if you need me just yell,"

With that, Billy left the table and headed upstairs, leaving the rest of us to eat our dinner and drink and laugh. Surprisingly, Rafael didn't seem all that cocky and bad once you started to get to know him. I still didn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but he wasn't bad to be around.

Rafael was attractive, tall and built. His hair was a chocolate brown, long on the top and shaved on the sides, an 'undercut' is what they call it. His beard matched his hair colour, and was neatly trimmed to perfection. His amber coloured eyes twinkled whenever he'd chuckle, drawing in more attention to himself. Attractive couldn't even begin to describe him.

But while he was attractive, he was dangerous. There was something about his cockiness that told me he was dangerous enough that he was entitled to be as cocky and carefree as he was. There had to be something, considering how timid Billy was around this guy. Billy is the alpha dog, nobody intimidates the leader... and the only person whoever has - Bones - isn't here anymore to do so, thanks to Billy.

Power and money seeped from Rafael. He's important, that I know, he's dangerous, that I know. Billy is dangerous, more dangerous than ANYONE. Why is this man who can create tension in Billy's life, around? What has Billy gotten himself into?

"I am drunk... as fuck," Julia announced with a giggle. "I gotta hand it to you Darley's or... Darley and soon to be Darley, you guys can throw a shindig,"

"Wait until Saturday night," Jamie chuckled, "We're gonna get fucked up."

"Fuck yeah we are, Billy and Amber's wedding!" Spink joined in, throwing back his beer.

"I can't," I winced, "Shaun-"

"Nah don't you worry about Shaun, girl. I got my momma comin' here saturday night to keep an eye on him," Bodie said with a smile. "Before you get that look on ya face, my momma's a careworker for autistic people, she know's what she's doin, she ain't like me if that's what ya worried about,"

"She's like his sister, Detective Wallis." Billy finished for Bodie, knowing that I knew exactly who he was referring to.

I gulped and nodded, "Are you sure she's okay with that?"