Chapter 64: Two Birds, One Stone

Start from the beginning

"You look nice," Jack said with a smile, awakening me from my thoughts.

I flashed him a small smile back, "Thanks Jack."

"Billy's outside waiting," He stated, even though I already knew that.

I nodded and without saying a word, I headed outside and carefully made my way down the front steps and over to Billy, who was sitting on the hood of his car smoking a cigarette. He looked casual, yet nice. His hair that I've grown to absolutely adore on him, was similar to Jack's, just shorter but styled similar. He was wearing dark washed jeans and a grey long sleeve shirt that he had the sleeves pushed up to his elbows, as per usual.

Billy's eyes glanced up from the ground at me and he slowly pulled the cigarette he smoking from his mouth and cracked a smirk. I retaliated by narrowing my eyes into a glare, "What?"

"Nothin'," he murmured, exhaling smoke from his mouth, "Those fuckin' heels."

"You remember them, I take it?" I asked, pressing my tongue to my cheek to prevent me from giggling.

Billy nodded, flicking his cigarette down onto the ground and placing his hands on my hips, pulling me towards him, "Of course I do."

"I seem to remember being the one on the hood of your car," I said softly before placing a kiss on his lips, lightly biting his bottom lip before pulling back, "-in these heels."

"You'll be on the hood of this car again if you keep that up-"

"Nope! C'mon, let's go wherever it is that you wanted to take me," I teased, pulling away from him completely and walking around to the passenger side door of his car.

Billy jumped off the hood of his car and shook his head slightly as he pulled his keys from his back pocket, "Drivin' me fuckin' wild dressed like that."

"I better be, shit took forever to get this dolled up." I laughed, climbing inside of the car.

Billy plopped down in his seat and started the car while I carefully placed an unlit cigarette between my lips and slowly hit it. I rolled down the window and carefully inhaled a drag before removing the cigarette from in between my teeth and exhaling a cloud of smoke out the window. He glanced over at me and cocked an eyebrow at me, shaking his head slightly.

"What?" I asked in a murmur, finally noticing that he was watching me.

"Fuck are you doin?" He asked, referring to how I was smoking.

"This is the only expensive liquid lipstick that I own. Me, being a dumbass, forgot to bring it with me before we left. So, now I have to be extra careful..." I explained, staring at him wide eyed in expectancy.

Billy shook his head and stared back at the road, "You don't need that shit anyway,"

I rolled my eyes and sighed melodramatically, "I know that Billy, but I also LIKE to wear it sometimes."

"Beautiful how ya are," He added in a muffled tone as he lit another cigarette.

My cheeks flushed red and I suddenly felt shy, "Thank you... I love you."

"Do ya?" He asked, shifting his eyes from the road onto me for a brief moment.

I paused what I was doing and drew my brows together in confusion, "Obviously..."

It's not like I was lying... After all, I do love Billy with my whole heart. I just... I just can't continue to love him the way that I do and accept everything that he does. I know you're suppose to love someone unconditionally... which I do, but... I need to think about Shaun and his safety and wellbeing. If things don't change... I will leave.