Chapter 54: Each to Their Own

Start from the beginning

"This was our fuckin' jam in high school!" Christy reminded me.

Julia took a swig of her beer and wiped her mouth with her arm before setting down her beer bottle and spinning in her seat to look at Sasha, "Thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

Sasha shrugged, "Feel like dancing with me?"

Julia smirked, "Do you even have to ask?"

Julia and Sasha left the table and I watched as they made their way to the dance floor, waving at them when they made eye contact with me. Sighing, I looked over at Christy and rested my chin on my hands. Christy closed her eyes and sighed, knowing that I was looking at her for a reason. Julia moving to Boston being the reason.

"She put me on the spot," She said clicking her jaw.

I cleared my throat, "You sure about that?"

Christy scoffed, "Yes Amber. I'm positive."

"Why all of a sudden?" I asked suspiciously.

Christy rolled her eyes, "It's Julia, does she really need a reason?"

I exhaled a shaky breath, "She's going to fuckin' hate us."

"Not at all. If anything she will just rat us out to the 5-0" Christy smirked, "And I don't know about you but this ass is too precious to spend time in prison..."

"How are you making jokes about this?" I exclaimed.

Christy cocked an eyebrow at me, "Does that surprise you or something? I was just shot less than two fuckin' months ago. Not to mention I lost Joe AND Heco in a span of what? a few months. If I didn't laugh... I'd fuckin' cry"

"Speaking of which..." I started quietly.

"Billy?" Christy asked dully, clearly uncomfortable with the fact that I'm finally bringing him up.

A lump formed in my throat as she mentioned his name. I nodded and shifted my eyes over to the center of the crowded dance floor where Julia and my sister were bumping and grinding. Christy playfully poked me in the cheek and giggled a little when I shot my head back in her direction and glared at her in annoyance.

"What?" I hissed.

"What about Billy?" She asked narrowing her eyes in expectancy.

I shrugged, "I just... I miss him you know?"

"Do you wanna talk about this?" Christy asked with a frown.

"I just... I can't believe this happened. We're going home in two days and it's gonna be so surreal..."

"Have you read that letter he left you earlier that...night?"

"I can't..." I admitted, staring down at my empty beer.

"Look, I know I'm an asshole that... you know... has a hard time with feelings and shit...but I'm here for you just as much as you are for me," Christy assured me. "It's not easy... believe me, I still wake up some mornings and swear Joe is beside me... but... fuck, it'll be okay, alright?"

"You've been through a fuck of a lot more than I have lately.... So, for an asshole, you're the toughest, yet sweetest asshole I know" I replied with a smirk.

"Come to think of it..." Christy trailed off leaning to her right so she could grab her cellphone, "Megan texted me saying there's some shit she has to tell me that you can't know about"

"So?" I asked.

"So..."

"So?" I asked again, this time with a harsher tone.