Chapter 41: New Leadership

Start from the beginning

"Amber." Billy said firmly, "Ya doin' it again."

"Doing what?" I asked, shaking my head again.

"Zonin' out and shit."

"I'm sorry, Billy."

"Gonna set that tree up today or what?"

I shrugged, "I'll probably end up doing it with Megan. Christy's been ditching us a lot lately for her new boo, whoever that is."

"She back on the shit?" Billy asked dully, sitting down on the edge of the bed, shirtless.

I climbed out of bed and made my way over to the dresser, grabbing a pair of jeans and a hoodie. Boring, but suitable for a pregnant lady.

"I don't think so. She wouldn'-"

Billy laughed in disbelief, "Wouldn't put it past her."

I rolled my eyes and slipped my legs in my jeans, "People can change Billy. Clearly." I slipped my jeans up over my hips and bit my bottom lip as I struggled to zip up my jeans, "I mean look at you for instance."

"I'm still the same." He corrected me.

I sighed loudly and clicked my jaw to the side, "Of course." I winced as I tried to suck it in to button up my jeans. Billy just stared at me with a blank face before realizing that I was struggling to get my favourite jeans on. He smirked as I pouted, "Fuck!"

"Troubles?" He asked coolly.

"Fuck you!" I exclaimed, pushing my jeans back down and kicking them across the bedroom angrily. "I'm a fat fucking horse!"

"Ya knocked up."

"THANK YOU."

"The fuck is your problem?"

"I can't fit anything is my fucking problem!" I shouted back, standing in front of him.

"Then wear something that fits. Problem solved." He replied, standing up and pulling a black shirt over his head.

"Thank you, thank you for your help, it's greatly appreciated." I mumbled sarcastically.

Billy pulled on Joe's leather jacket and turned to face me, "Ya welcome."

It's times like this where I wish I had it in me to pull back my fist and punch his lights out but let's be honest, I wouldn't. Not because I know what he'd do... but, I just wouldn't. Not saying Billy would hit me, because if he actually wanted to, he would have by now but... Still. Not something I like to even think about.

I followed Billy out of the bedroom and downstairs where a fairly tall fake Christmas tree was already set up and awaiting lights and decorations. I gasped and smiled widely, turning on my heel to face Billy. Yes, he's an asshole but he manages to make up for it in small little ways.

"You set it up for me!" I squealed happily. "Thank you!"

Billy nodded and wrapped his arm around my back as I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed, the side of my face digging into his chest. I stared up at him and smiled warmly. I swear, I see through all of the bad that he does and love him for all the good that he does. His free hand snaked down my arm and rested on my stomach. I watched as his thumb caressed my stomach and glanced back up at him, seeing him frowning. I pressed my tongue to the inside of my cheek and knew exactly what he was thinking.

"I love you very much." I whispered almost like I was reminding him.

Billy nodded and placed a hand on the back of my neck, pulling our foreheads together, "I love ya more than anything."