Chapter 35: Claimed

Start from the beginning

Given that they all just practically mass murdered another gang in a suburban neighbourhood, Billy's car was no where insight, instead a black van that I had noticed earlier was parked out front with a fake license plate on it. Without warning, I was shoved into the back of the van where everyone piled inside and the driver sped off. I was still bawling hysterically, gasping for air as I tried to calm myself down from what I had just witnessed. I've never seen someone die before, let alone be murdered right before my eyes.

I must have cried for a good whole 30 minutes before we were back in inner city Boston, Billy's side of town. The van came to a sudden, screeching halt and I was yanked up to my feet and drug out of the van over towards Billy's car. I stumbled over my own feet, howling louder than I was before as another sharp pain shot through my ankle.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I screamed, falling to my knees, almost pulling my arm out of it's socket as Billy still stood tall and held my arm.

He didn't say anything, just stared me down in disgust as he yanked me up to my feet, not even so much as flinching as he watched me cry out as I put weight on my ankle. He ripped open the passenger door on his car and surprisingly shoved me in carefully. He slammed the door shut once I was in and hurried around the car and climbed in on his side, immediately locking the doors so that I couldn't escape... not that I could even if I wanted to... I wouldn't get far with this swollen, twisted ankle.

Billy drove in silence but was clearly still fuming by how tight his grip was on the steering wheel. His knuckles were turning white and with his free hand he was lighting a cigarette. After a few minutes of complete silence, my sobbing finally came to an end as I processed what had just happened. I sniffled slightly as I rubbed my swollen eyes and stared out the window, resting my head against it.

"How long?" Billy broke the silence.

I didn't question what he meant, because I knew right away what just it was that he was asking me.

I couldn't bring myself to look at him so I continued to stare out the window as I opened my mouth to respond to his question, "Just yesterday."

"Ya fuckin' lucky you're carrying my kid." Billy threatened.

"Why?! So you could shoot me too?!" I spat.

Billy shot his attention over to me and gritted his teeth.

"I was going to call you right before you guys came in and started killing people. I didn't fucking know who he was. Do you think I'd have done this if I knew sooner?! You fucking idiot!" I shouted.

Billy's hand sprung from the steering wheel and I knew he was about to backhand me before he realized just who it was that he was about to hit. I flinched, shutting my eyes tight and waited to feel the familiar stinging sensation across my face that I had grown use to from Shane. When nothing happened, I slowly opened my eyes to see Billy's hand back on the steering wheel, gripping it tightly yet once again.

I sighed in relief and stared down at my hands awkwardly. God, I sure knew how to push his buttons. A normal person who just watched the love of their life, murder two people right infront of them - would shut her fucking mouth and do as she's told... but of course, not me... I had to keep it up.

"I'm leaving you!" I exclaimed, even though we were already not together. "I'm not letting my child grow up in a world like this!"

Billy laughed, "Like fuck you are."

"Watch me." I challenged sharply.

"I'd love to see you fucking try to take my kid anywhere." Billy threatened followed by a laugh of disbelief.