Chapter 31: Date Night

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong?" Charlie asked, a face full of concern.

I winced, "I really.. uh... I-"

"You feeling okay? The baby okay?" Charlie asked.

Taken back slightly, I stared at Charlie and slightly tilted my head to the side, "Yeah, yeah everything's fine... thanks for asking. I uh, just, uh... do you maybe wanna go to your place or something?"

Charlie's eyes widened slightly - taken back himself at my request, "Yeah, for sure. You sure you're alright?"

"I just suddenly don't feel like being around crowds... I'm sorry."

"Hey, don't worry about it. I understand." He replied with a warming smile, wrapping one of his arms around my lower back and leading me towards a taxi nearby waiting for someone to call for it, "I'm a pretty good cook and I got movies at my place."

Nodding, I smiled up at Charlie. Unlike me, he was dressed casual wearing a black baseball cap, a blue plaid button up shirt, jeans and white skate shoes. Me on the other hand, I was wearing a red tank top, a black pencil skirt and black six inch heels - only because Christy and Megan convinced me to or I probably would have worn jeans and a hoodie... it's fall after all and I'm already kind of cold.

Once inside the back seat of the taxi, Charlie gave the driver his address and we drove off. Once the restaurant that had Ramona and Baggy inside, was out of sight, my anxiety disappeared almost instantly and I no longer felt sick. Charlie and I were actually having a decent conversation, mostly about what kind of movies we both liked which turned out we actually both liked horror movies so we both decided we'd watching something from his collection that I was dying to look through.

It's strange how comfortable I feel with him. I don't feel nervous, I don't feel like he's going to pressure me into anything that I don't want to do. I just, I don't know. I like him already, I can already tell. But of course every time the thought of liking Charlie flashes through my mind, Billy Darley appears and there I go all over again, thinking about Billy. I can't help but think about him, wonder how he's doing or who he's doing... I miss him. Hell, I love him.

But I also can't pass up opportunities for mine and my child's well being, chasing after Billy and the life that he leads. I'm not saying Charlie will be around for long, or if he'll even be around after tonight... but I also can't sit at home and waste life away.

"Was that Amber?" Baggy asked Ramona as they stepped outside, watching the taxi that Charlie and I were in - drive off.

"You bet it was. Who was that?" Ramona replied, referring to Charlie.

"I didn't get a look at his face. All I saw was the backside of him as she dragged him out of the place. What'd he look like?" Baggy asked, placing a cigarette between his lips and lighting it.

Ramona shrugged, "He kind of looked like Billy.... if Billy had hair. It looked longer, at least past his ears - mid neck. I don't know what colour it was cause of the hat he was wearing. I didn't see any tattoos or-"

"Alright, Alright. Fuck, I get it." Baggy hissed, pulling out his phone from his back pocket and dialling a number. "She's knocked up and with some dude? Fuck I wish I would have seen his face, I might have known who he was."

"So? Her and Billy aren't together." Ramona cocked an eyebrow.

Baggy began to laugh in a muffled tone caused from the burning cigarette dangling between his lips, "We'll see how long they're not together for when Billy hears this."

"Who are you calling?" Ramona asked in annoyance.

"Whod'ya think?" Baggy replied, putting the phone up to his ear. "Billy, yeah. Where you at?"