Chapter 27: Changed

Começar do início

"Fuck." Billy grumbled as he pressed his foot harder down on the gas peddle, sending the orange and yellow leaves that have fallen from the trees, flying around as he drove towards the cement stairs of the abandoned mental hospital - "The office" - and came to a sudden stop.

Billy's jaw tightened as he climbed out of the car, slamming the door shut and gripping tightly onto the now empty green backpack of his. He sighed through his nose as he made his way into the abandoned mental hospital and down to the basement where his boys cook their drugs.

Billy noticed that there wasn't any rock or metal music playing like their usually was whenever his boys were down here cooking. It was almost like nobody was here even though all of their cars were outside. As Billy made his way through the room where all the glass laboratory flasks and other supplies that they used to make drugs, on metal tables. To Billy's surprise, his boys were actually there afterall, just sitting around in silence. Not cooking drugs, not doing anything, just sitting there looking down and out.

Billy stopped and stared at everyone, "What?"

Spink turned and looked at Billy with an emotionless expression across his face. Heco was sitting on a chair, staring down at his feet as he fiddled with a unlit cigarette in his hands. Jamie was sitting backwards on another chair, caressing his chin and slowly shaking his head. Dog was standing at one of the tables pretending to look like he was actually mixing up drugs like he was suppose to be doing. Baggy was on the other side of the room, leaning against a table and staring down at the ground with a sad look on his face. Spink sat backwards on a chair, staring at Jamie awkwardly while Bodie was nowhere in sight.

"What?" Billy repeated, raising his voice slightly.

When nobody answered him, an annoyed sneer formed across Billy's face as his eyes scanned around the room, looking at all of his boys as he held out his arms, "Somebody fucking tell me what the fuck is going on" Billy demanded.

Before anyone could say anything, Bodie walked out from one of the rooms nearby and stood a few feet away from Billy. Billy blinked as he turned his head and looked over at Bodie who's been Billy's best friend since they were kids. He'd be the one to tell Billy what was going on. However, a worried and saddened look was on Bodie's face as if he had just seen a ghost or something. Bodie glanced at everyone before looking back at Billy, his eyes widened in expectance.

"You hear?" Bodie asked impatiently, his voice trembling.

Billy didn't answer him, instead he just stared at Bodie waiting for him to tell him whatever it was that was going on that everyone looks so depressed. A million possibilities were running through Billy's mind now at this point.

Bodie sighed when Billy didn't answer his question, "Joe dude..."

"Somebody stuck him..." Bodie blinked, shrugging slightly and shaking his head nervously, "-He's dead."

Billy's face dropped and his eyes narrowed, "What?"

Billy's words came out in an angry, rugged harsh whisper. Billy swallowed hard, his nostrils flared, his jaw muscles tightening, "You're lying."

Bodie shook his head and swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat before speaking, "He's gone..."

There was a long silent pause between everyone as they awaited for Billy's reaction, all expecting him to freak out and start yelling. But for a moment, Billy's eyes just widened and glistened as he stared wide eyed at Bodie. He then did the most unexpected, he remained silent and just turned around and stormed towards the door, ripping the backpack off of his shoulder and throwing it against a steel shelf that held flasks as he continued to storm out of the building.