Chapter 5: Rides From Strangers

Start from the beginning

"Christy has a little bit of a coco problem... if you get what I mean." Megan told me.

"Again..?" I asked softly.

Megan nodded, "Yeah..."

"So it's a problem then?" I asked curiously.

Megan shrugged, "Well.. I'm not sure about that... but it's quite frequent."

Without saying so much as another word to my new roommate/possible friend, I headed to my room and found some clean clothes to wear before I proceeded to head to the bathroom and strip down all of my clothes and have a shower. After I was done showering I spent a few minutes standing in front of the mirror, studying my naked body. Shane was always careful when he'd hit me... in a sense that is. Meaning he'd never leave bruises on my legs or my arms or face. But my back, stomach, ribs were all fair game to him. I cringed at the sight of the bruises running up my side.

Thankfully, I'll never have to deal with that again. Why I stayed is beyond me. I should have came and lived with Christy the minute after Shane hit me the first time. But I was afraid. Afraid to leave him.. afraid that maybe it was something that I did that set him off in the first place. I was nothing but a pathetic, scared and helpless girl. But that Amber died... This Amber, takes shit from no one.

"Hey Amber!" I heard Megan call out from the living room.

I unplugged my blow dryer and put it underneath the bathroom sink before I answered her, "Just a second! I need to get dressed!" 

Shower, makeup, style hair, and then get dressed was how I've always done things. 

Quickly, I put on my bra and underwear, slipped on a pair of jean shorts and a black wife beater tank top. It may be evening time but it's still humid out.

"What's up?" I asked Megan as I walked out from the bathroom and over to where she was in the house.

"Christy just called,she's wasted as fuck... do you wanna go get her?" Megan asked with a weak hesitant smile, thinking that I was going to say no.

I rolled my eyes, "Fuck sake.... yeah. I'll go get her."

Megan smiled widely, "Sweet! I'll stay here and order us all pizza."

-----------------------------------------------------

Why the hell am I here? Why the hell am I wearing high heels? Why am i not at home nursing my hangover with pizza and chilling out with my new friend/roomie Megan? Oh no.. instead I'm here, getting out of a taxi cab in the parking lot of the Four fucking Roses, on my way to babysit Christy - of course.

Oh lovely, Billy and Heco's cars are both here... that means they're here. Perfect, just the people I wanted to see.

 Not.

Sighing, I made my through the parking lot over to the bar doors. I sighed loudly as I walked inside of the bar, scanning my eyes around the room until my eyes landed on Ramona at the bar who was already making eye contact with me and pointing over to Billy\s table where Christy was, sitting on top of Joe and snorting lines of cocaine off of what appeared to be a CD case. Classy. Right in the open where you work. Way to be, Christy, way to be.

"Amby!" Christy squealed in excitement, acknowledging my presence.

"Christy..." I mumbled as I slowly walked towards the table.

Some of the gang made perverted comments about me and how I was dressed to one another while Heco winked at me. Jamie whistled while Bodie stared me up and down, making me feel uncomfortable. Next time... I'm not listening to Megan. She's the one who convinced me to wear these black 6 inch heels and since I was already wearing a black wife-beater and jean shorts... she figured I should stay dressed how I was. Me being the idiot I am, decided she was right.