Chapter 3: The Four Roses

Start from the beginning

"Take this tray of shots over to your brothers table," Ramona instructed to Amanda.

Amanda sighed, "I really need to have a cigarette before I take over... Amber, can you do it for me?" 

"Hurry up and go have your cancer stick. Amber, take the tray of shots over to that table and tell Christy thanks a lot for not helping whatsoever tonight." Ramona said, shaking her head in disbelief over at Christy.

"Amber!" Christy called out from the table she was sitting at, well, sitting on Joe's lap at. "You're off shift, get your fine self over here and have a drink with me!"

My heart sunk as Billy stared up in my direction making me become nervous and too shy to go over to the table. But before I could even think, say or do anything, Sammy flew out of his office and started shouting at me again. "Amber! Quit fucking around!"

"She's not, she's actually off work now and she's doing me and Amanda a favor so shut your ass up and calm down." Ramona shouted back at Sammy as she winked at me. I smirked, knowing that she had just told Sammy off for me.

"Thank you" I mouthed to Ramona who just smiled at me and nodded.

"Mmm...hmm..." Sammy mumbled suspiciously as his eyes shifted from me over to Ramona who was looking at him like 'try and say something to me right now... see what happens' eyes.

"What are you looking at?!" Sammy hissed at me. "Quit standing there like a stunned broad and get those shots to that table! Now!" He hollered making the whole bar stare over at me.

My face turned beat red in embarrassment as Amanda handed me the drink tray with shooter glasses full of what smelt like and looked like whiskey. Now I was annoyed and having a super hard time not throwing this drink tray at Sammy's head and walking out on him. Instead, I kept my cool and made my way over to the table of men, drink tray in my hand and an annoyed look on my face.

"Here's your round of shots..." I mumbled carelessly as I sat the tray down on the table and waited for all of the men to grab a shot glass off of the tray.

"Got a name, baby?" Amanda's brother 'Baggy' asked.

What kind of fucking name is Baggy?

"Well, yeah." I replied in an obvious tone.

"It's Amber... remember? Christy just called for her." Joe, Christy's boyfriend answered Baggy's question.

"Do you guys want anything else?" I asked looking at the rest of the men.

They all shook their head 'no' as Billy remained silent and threw back the shot of whiskey and placing the now empty shot glass back on my tray. He glanced up at me as he pulled out a cigarette from his pack and placed one between his lips, lighting it and inhaling deeply all while still staring at me, making me even more nervous than I already was.

"You coming home with me tonight?" Baggy asked with a wink. "Invite you over for some fun" He added.

"Can't, I'm going to be busy shitting in my own mouth." I replied sarcastically as I grabbed the empty drink tray and turned to walk away. I was in no mood to deal with drunk pigs right now. I could hear the rest of the guys laughing and snickering at how I just told Baggy off.

"Fucking bitch." Baggy mumbled.

Slowly, I turned back around and stared at Baggy in shock.

"You got a problem, backpack?" I asked, mocking his name and making Joe choke on his drink from laughter. Some of the other guys 'oo'ed' while Billy smirked, staring down at the ashtray as he flicked his cigarette ash in it.