Chapter 3: The Four Roses

Start from the beginning

"Good. Do you see these blue circles around the dates? Those are the days you're scheduled to work." He explained pointing at the calendar and then staring back over at me.

I shrugged, "Okay?..."

"You wanna make those tips and be able to bring home those tips?" he questioned in a low tone. "Then you gotta fucking earn those tips! Work these fucking days and you'll get those tips" His tone changed, becoming angry as he scribbled over the blue circle that indicated what days I worked.

"You work for me, you fucking work for me. You do as I say, when I say or you can go the fuck back to wherever the fuck it was you came from and starve." He laughed hysterically before spinning around in his chair and throwing the marker down on his desk.

I closed my eyes as I sighed in disbelief. This was my first night working here and I'm already getting fucked out of my own cash that I earned. I folded my arms and pressed my tongue against my cheek as I tried to keep my cool and not walk out of this shitty bar right now. Unfortunately for me, I couldn't just up and quit as Christy and I were strapped for money and since I just moved here... I need the money more now than ever before.

"This is bullshit..." I grumbled out loud.

Sammy's eyes widened at what I had just said.

"Looks like you're not working at all this weekend! You can thank your fucking american woman mouth for that! Now get out of my sight before I send you to clean the fucking toilets!" He shouted at me as he stood up and shooed me out of his office. "Go see if Amanda or Ramona have anything for you to do before your shift ends!" He added before slamming the door to his office shut behind me.

"Fucking asshole!" I mumbled out loud as I stormed through the bar, past the table with the group of nine men, and Christy sitting at it.

I hadn't noticed that they were all staring at me as I made my way over to behind the bar where Ramona was pouring shots and placing them on a tray for Amanda. I picked up a dish towel and started to dry beer mugs as I tried to calm myself down from what just happened in Sammy's office. Ramona chuckled to herself as she stared over at me.

"He's quite the asshole, isn't he?" She asked, finally speaking.

"Ha!" I laughed shortly, "That's an understatement."

Ramona leaned against the bar, inches away from me and folded her arms, "I bet if you went in there and batted your eyelashes at him, made him think that you'd be willing to sleep with his disgusting ass... I could almost guarantee that you would have got your tips tonight and then some."

"Or... I could bring a baseball bat in his office and I can almost guarantee that I would come back with my tips." I retorted as sighed loudly.

"Did he cut you down on hours?" Ramona asked dully.

I cocked an eyebrow at her, "Yeah, how did you know?" 

"Because he does this to me at least once every week... he's a real prize." Ramona replied sarcastically.

"I gathered that..." I grumbled.

"I'm off all weekend now... which sucks because I need the money." I added, running my fingers through my hair and exhaling a deep breathe I had just inhaled.

"Look on the bright side, you get the weekend off and your shift is over." Ramona replied as she placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a warm smile.

I gave her a weak smile as I stared up at the clock noticing that she was right and my shift had in fact just ended. Thank God. Ramona pulled her hand back and walked over to the tray of shots of whiskey she had just poured moments before. Amanda groaned as she stomped behind the bar and slammed her empty tray down on the bar.