Chapter 62: When A Female Fires Back

Începe de la început

"That's fantastic," said Aileen. "I know you're here as JV Records CEO today. And not Sam Evan's wife. But I wanted to talk about him for a moment. First of all, congratulations on the babies. I've seen them on the gram and they are beautiful."

"Thank you," Quinn said, remaining poised. "We're very grateful and lucky to have them."

"You and Sam have a working relationship as well," Aileen continued. "He's signed to your label and he's had a great start to his year, hasn't he? Say (All I Need) has topped charts worldwide and here in the US it's spent its full eight weeks so far at number one. That's amazing."

Quinn nodded, "It is. We're all very proud of him. Obviously as his partner and wife, but also as part of JV Records. And I think it was just officially declared earlier that the number one spot for this coming week was guaranteed for Juliet with Green Light and she just released a brand new song Friday so it's just further proof of the great things we're accomplishing. We're really trying to dominate and I'm proud of the work that all the artists are doing."

"The rest of Crystal Army is here, too, right?" asked Aileen. "Can we expect any surprises from them as a foursome?"

"Uh..." Quinn hesitated for just a moment. "You know, I'm not really sure. I think for sure you can expect to see each of them killing it, as they have been. Tyler's performing, I believe. And John and Alex are both nominees. I can't speak for any of them but I know for a fact that Sam is very thrilled to see each of them succeed and going on to do great things in their solo careers. He's very proud of all of them."

"There's no bad blood between he and the other members?" asked Aileen.

"Not at all," Quinn assured her. "They're like his brothers, always will be. And no matter what happens with the other guys, he's not really a part of all that beef. Sam just loves to make music and to make the music that he loves. So he's got nothing but love for the others."

"That's really great to hear," said Aileen. "Well, thank you for taking the time to chat."

"No problem," said Quinn, noting how ready Aileen was to move on the instant she realized she wasn't getting anything juicy out of Sam Evans' wife.

***

"Look who I have here," said Aileen as Santana and Carly stepped up to her interview platform. "It's none other than the incredible Carly Dom and Santana Lopez. How are you ladies?"

"We're good," said Santana, smiling at Carly as the latter said, "So amazing. And nervous."

"You ladies look fabulous," Aileen noted. "And you were both great on Amity Hills' song, Girls, which marked the first collaboration for you two. Hopefully of many?"

Santana turned to Carly again and said, "I wouldn't rule one out."

"Fantastic," said Aileen. "Now, Carly, these are your first ever Grammy awards. How does it feel?"

"It feels amazing," said Carly once again. "It really feels great. Right now I'm working on my album and I'm putting in all the work to make sure these aren't also my only Grammys ya know."

They laughed and Santana had to work very hard not to roll her eyes. Somehow, like always, Carly was managing to charm everyone and hog all the attention.

As their interview continued, Sam and Julie were posing together on the carpet, another one of Quinn's ideas to gain them and the label a lot of buzz.

"I really think this 'JV Records artists in solidarity' thing was a great idea," Sam was telling Julie as he put an arm around her for photographs. "It's gonna help us seem united and we'll get to hype up the label, not just ourselves as individuals."