8• The Female Titan

Start from the beginning

" Mi?, " Eren begins, his fingers curling in my hair " Don't die, okay? "

Whats with everyone and not wanting me to die?

" I won't, i already have orders not too. " I silently smile, closing my eyes and I enjoy me and Erens last moment together.

" You're everything to me, I wouldn't be who I am today if it wasn't for you. I've known you since I was a kid... and i- i can't lose you too. " He obviously doesn't believe my promise, but I take little notice to his lack of belief as I find myself shocked by what he says. I didn't think it was possible for someone to care about me.

I want to tell him I care, and how much he means to me. I want to tell him about how he's the only person who I've trusted with all my truths and lies - I wanna tell him about how when my life was falling apart, he was the only person picking up the pieces.

But I can't, because I don't care.

Why does this have to be so hard?

Frustrated, I let out a sigh but Erens grip on me suddenly tightens as he brings his mouth closer to my ear. " I know they hurt you, and I know that's why you won't let yourself care, but if I'm gonna die - please, tell me you do. "

I sigh once more, and nuzzle my head into Eren, if i only i didn't have to say goodbye..

" Y-you know I do, Eri. I kinda have to since I've been stuck with you for so long. " I tease, i May have not properly admitted to me caring, but i did use my old nickname for Eren - the one I used when I was a different girl - a happier girl and perhaps that'll be enough.

I pull away from him, and notice the faint tear falling from his eyes as I quickly hug Armin, ruffling his blonde hair. " Thank you, Arlert. "

He simply nods at me, and I grab Mikasa's hand and dash off down the tunnel - to our soon possibly doomed fate.

——— Time Skip ———

" They're alive ! " Mikasa exclaims, pointing at Eren whose in his titan form, and Armin - whose currently making his way to us.

" Come on! Erens fighting Annie and I don't plan on getting stepped on. " I say, using my gear and begin to fly past the two titans.

Eren tries to hold Annie down but her strength is immaculate, i take a deep breath before leaving my position, flying in between the two and cutting Annie's fingers off- she falls back and Erens rips of her head and bites her nape leaving Annie exposed.

" NO! " Everyone yells, I particularly take notice in Hanges whose much louder than the rest. Oddly Eren stops, as he observes Annie and quickly her body starts to.. crystallize?

I swing down to them, my curiosity taking over and I become eager to see what the hell she did.

" Mia, wait! " Armin calls but I ignore him - since I simply don't care to listen to his reasoning as to why I should stay.

I stand above Annie whose incapsulated in glimmering crystal. " What the titan..? " i mutter, suddenly I hear a zipping noise and steam erupts from Erens titan, as Levi pulls him out.

And almost on que, Levi begins lecturing Eren.
Jean runs up to Annie's form, anger taking its stance as he begins punching the rock.

" Annie! Get out of there and face the music! " He yells, he must still be mourning Marco and Mikasa told me earlier that apparently Marcos gear didn't work because Annie took it from him. So it's her fault.

I place a hand on Jeans shoulder, as he looks back at me - a scowl plastered on his face but it softens when he looks up at me.

" Marco told you that you would be the better leader, don't prove him wrong now. " I say softly, Jeans face looks disheartened as he gets up and walks away.

I sigh, before getting stampeded by Hange and some others.

——— Time skip, again ———

" So that sucked.. " Jean says, sitting close to me. I nod, as I'm to concentrated on my drawing to pay much attention.

" So, uh - how've you been doing in the Captain Levi's squad? " He asks me, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. I smirk at him, putting down my pencil.

" I don't really care for it. " I suspected Jean to feel discouraged like everyone does when I say    ' i don't care ' but just like Eren, he brushes it off.

" You know, I missed you, it's been lame not having you there. "

I sigh, ruffling his hair a bit. " I. don't. Care. " I tease.

"  You dont? Because that not what you said that night.. " He smirks, my jaw drops as I remember that awful night Jean and I both shared and how we both promised each other to never speak of it again.

" You know I never said that, horse face! " I scowl, crossing my arms. He laughs at me, but before he can open his mouth to say anything more, someone clicks their tongue.

" Tsk. " He says, my eyes glide up to see none other than Levi.

" Go somewhere else to do this, cadets. "

My cheeks flush red as I know what ' this' he's referring too. He thinks Jean and I are doing something. Levi turns on his heels as he heads back for the door, my face falls and Jean grabs my wrist.

" Go! " he whispers, using his free hand to point at the fleeing Levi.

And so I do. I run to Levi as we both stand in the dimly lit hallway. " Levi! " I call, putting my hand on his shoulder. He stops and turns to me, sighing slightly.

" What is it, scout? "

Uh oh

" Jean and I, we didn't do anything. " I say, I'm not sure why I'm trying to prove myself to him, it's not like Levi and i are together but still I find myself worried he'd get the wrong idea.

He raises an eyebrow at me " I don't care. "

That's my thing.

" Levi, I don't like Jean. He's just my friend. "
I look up into his eyes, and notice how cold they appear. My eyes soften at the mere glance of his, and I raise my hand to his cheek - gently caressing it.

" Nothing happened. " I say again, rubbing little circles on his temple with my thumb.

I shouldn't care about him, but the more I try not to, the more I fall for the shorty.

I drop my hand from his face, admitting defeat as he still remains silent. My face drops but suddenly I hear him release a sigh before he pulls me into him and kisses me.

At first it's slow, and hesitant but in seconds each kiss becomes more and more desirable. I open my mouth for better entry as Levi slips his tongue into mine.

His hands travel up my back, as they stop to rest around my waist but quickly, he pulls away. Stopping our kiss, far to soon.

Perhaps he regrets it, a blush emits on my cheeks but suddenly Levi pulls me into him, once more and kisses me once more.

" It's late, you should get some rest. " He whispers, moving some stray hairs out of my face.

I nod, a grand smile plastering my face.

" You know, I'm not supposed to care, shorty. " I tease, folding my arms.

" but I can't help but care about you. " I say, instantly shutting my eyes. I cringe at what I say, realizing how I shouldn't of admitted my feeling.

I suddenly feel a warmth on my cheek, and when I open my eyes, I see Levi - just like I did before, caressing my cheek.

I wait for him to say something - anything, but he remains quiet but something shocking happens.

A smile lays on Levi's face, a pure and genuine smile.

" You already know how I feel, Blondie. " He smirks, and i do.

Because he didn't have to say anything for me to know, that he's fallen for me just as hard I've fallen for him.