Monty - Part 1

YOUR POV

I sat in silence as I read my book in the main mess hall, I looked up briefly and noticed someone staring at me. It was one of the 47 that they brought in a few days ago, I raised my eyebrow at him and he looked away quickly. I didn't know what his name was and I wanted to find out what it was as well, I shifted in my seat then noticed Mia staring at me as well, "What?"

"You should go talk to him," She stated looking back down at her book then flipped to another page, "His name is Monty if you wanted to know," She finished and I knitted my eyebrows at her, "Don't look at me like that, you think he is cute and you know it," I rolled my eyes at her and got up from my chair then set my book down on the table.

"Fine I'll go but don't make fun when I come back," I muttered before walking towards the table with my hands behind my back, I've never talked to a guy that wasn't my friend before. I hoped he would think I was attractive as well, "Hi," I stuttered then sat down in front of him. The boy beside him quickly got up and nudged him before walking away, "What was that for?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Nothing, he's always doing that. Picking on me when I think someone is cute," He confessed, my cheeks brightened when he said those words. I fiddled with my fingers, "I mean I know you are c-cute but I d-don't know your name, can I know it?" He asked but he stuttered throughout the sentence.

"I mean it won't hurt anyone, it's Y/n," I muttered looking around the room, everyone else was eating their food in silence then I looked back at him. He had a piece of cake in front of him, "The chocolate cake is pretty good, isn't it?" He nodded and I smiled shyly.

"Do you want a bite," He asked picking up one of his fork and cutting into the dark moist cake, it was a pretty big piece he cute but he leaned forward anyway. I leaned forward, opening my mouth and he placed the fork in then I closed it. He slid the fork out and I quickly placed my hand on my mouth to cover it since it was such a big piece, I chewed it and swallowed.

"I'v never had there cake but it is delicious," I mumbled moving my hand out of the way, "I'm pretty sure you didn't have this stuff in space," He shook his head.

"No we didn't but that's okay," He muttered leaning forward and placing his forearms on the table, "It was definitely worth the wait," He added and I giggled a little.

"Well I'm glad," I stated leaning forward as well, "Would you like to go to my favorite spot in this place?" I asked him and he nodded his head, I got up quickly and he did the same. He walked around the table, "Come on," I mumbled grabbing his hand, dragging him towards the direction of the exit.