Jasper - I'm Always Here For You

I sat outside the camp alone watching the moon, I wanted to be alone because I felt like no one wanted me around since I tried to stop Clark in pulling the lever since Bellamy wouldn't do it. I hugged my legs closer to me as I watched a shooting star fly across the sky, "It's beautiful isn't it?" A voice startled me making me jump a little, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you," I turned to see Jasper looking up at the sky.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned him and he looked down quickly, giving me a weak smile.

"I wanted to be alone and look at the sky but looks like I didn't come up with that idea," He chuckled to himself, "What are you doing out here?" He asked as he sat down beside me.

"You know wanting to be alone because everyone thinks I'm a murderer," I stated looking away from him, I was pretty sure he was staring at me. I felt his eyes on me and it made me uncomfortable, "How are you feeling?"

I looked at him slightly, he shrugged, "About Maya?" I nodded and he sighed, "Its hard because she was my first love, if only I could have been there sooner. Killed the president sooner so Clark didn't have to pull that damn lever," He muttered.

"Do you blame her?"

"A part of me does but it wasn't entirely her fault, I just wanted to save them all," He whispered bring in legs closer to him as well, "Were you there with them?" He asked me and I nodded, "Did you at least try to stop her.

"I tried but she held a gun to me and I didn't know what to do," I stated turning to look away from him, a part of me thought it was entirely my fault, "You can blame me if you want, I really don't care anymore because everyone else does already," I added resting my chin to my knees.

I felt his hand on my back, "The only two people I blame are Monty and Clark, he is the one that set the whole thing up and Clark is the one that pulled the lever," He confessed and I sighed in relief.

"I didn't want you to hate me," I looked at him with tears in my eyes, "We've known each other since we were little and I don't know what I would do without you," I whispered trying to wipe the tears away but failing.

He looked at me oddly for a moment, staring at me like I lost my mind, "Y/n, you are one of my best friends and I couldn't keep pushing through without you," It's only been two weeks since Maya's death and I didn't want to tell him how I felt because it was a bad time. I've always had bad timing, he's always found someone else before I could. Octavia then Maya, I just wanted what was best for him.

"I'm so sorry about Maya, Jasper," I whispered then I laid my head on his shoulder, "I'm always here if you need me, okay?"

I felt his head shake up and down, "I know and I'm always here for you," He then put his head on top of mine. I would tell him but I wouldn't tell him now, he needs to recover and I didn't want to push him over the edge.