My eyes went over the mansion. My heart was beating. I wanted to know, if I will be forced to see Maria again?

"Maria..." I whispered unconsciously.

Fiona took hold of my face and looked straight at me. In the background I saw Edmund's face tense.

"Don't worry, Thea. No more Maria. You are safe."

"Where is she?"

"Lordship told her to leave.... and she did. Though Maria was very unhappy. She screamed curses about her reputation and status in the capital city and everywhere else. About being rejected by a king and a shame she will face from her friends, family and nation. But now she is gone, gone my Thea." Fiona whipped my nonexistent tears.

Her face have lit up in moments. Fiona smiled. It looked like she has gotten a brilliant idea.

"I have to run, I have to hurry. We need a grand welcoming back event in the house."

She run back to a house like a wind, with energy, I didn't know she had left.

Edmund took hold of my hand, pulled me closer to him and lead me inside his property. I was so glad to have come home. It certainly felt like a home to me, where people I loved existed.

***

Today Edmund has left a house. This has happened a lot in the days we have returned. But today he didn't say anything to me, where he is going. I was worried. It meant he still has many problems in his life, which will have to be solved over time. I believe he just needs some time alone. 

Whole day I have been running through the house to occupy my mind, but nothing worked. I needed to see him, to make sure, I have nothing to worry about. Just one glance would be enough. 

No one in the house knew his location. I had an idea who would know. James.

I walked the whole way to the stables. A day was nice, with no clouds or wind. I saw James carrying the heavy loads of hay for horses. He seemed in really good mood.

"Good day, my Lady." He smiled.

I blushed.

"I am not your lady, James."

"Don't say that yet, my Lady."

"What is that suppose to mean?"

"I don't know...."

I eyed him suspiciously.

"Have you seen Edmund?"

"Yeah. He is in the oak woods, having a picnic."

"Alone?"

James shook his shoulders. "Probably.."

"Do you know, is it OK for me to go?"

"I think, yeah. Lordship didn't say anything to suggest otherwise."

I waved James a bye. 

Grass on the field was tall filled with late summer flowers and some patches with shorter, horse eaten spots. In a far distance I could see those big oaks, where Edmund supposedly is.