60

In the far end of the hallway, I could see petite girls in colorful dresses, which accented their figure. Their hair styled in flirtatious manner with curls in different sizes. All of them looked like fragile dolls, with happy faces and smiles to match. I could not imagine, how someone would feel this way, while giving their bodies to complete strangers.

Makeup decorated gazes darted in my way from few of them. These woman acted like young girls excited about a newcomer.

A bulky guy was close behind me, as I was following Mrs Green to, who knows where. Through the small size corridors we came to a room, which appeared to be holding a bath. It was spacious, but not as big, as in Edmund's home. Bathtub was not made of gold either. Even though the room was in warm reds and golden tones, it made me feel cold and lonely or maybe it was the effect of my rain soaked dress.

"You will need to be cleaned and given different clothes." Mrs Green said coldy. "Girls will help you."

She left me, but a strongly built guy stayed in the room with me. His arms were crossed over his chest and his gaze was intently set on me, like I would disappear, if he takes his eyes away. I wished to vanish from existence.

"Don't think about getting away. If you try, Mrs Green will chain you to the bed post, like a dog."

I didn't want to face this man on my way of escape, if I ever do. He is strong and seems fearless. I waited awkwardly for something to happen. Later couple of girls came in. Their forms were slim and like the rest of the female workers I saw, both of them seemed to be in good mood.

"Ohh! A new face. How long has it been since we have seen one?"

"I don't remember, Scarlet."

I received two white smiles.

"Vince, leave us. No man allowed until we make her ready." A girl with brown hair and big, green eyes pushed the tough guy outside. He rumbled few times, protesting, but eventually gave up. I was glad, that he wouldn't stand in this room, the whole time I take a bath.

"What's your name, sweetheart?"

I watched them in suspicion.

"Don't be scared. This place and Mrs Green will take care of you from now on."

I didn't like the sound of her reassurance.

"Thea."

"Pretty name! I am sure it alone will catch someone's attention." A girl whose name appeared to be Scarlet said.

"Please, I don't want to be here. I need to get away..."

"Calm down, Thea. You will be OK."

"No. I need to get back to my Master. I need him." I begged and cried.

"Sweetheart, he sold you. You are ours now. You will get used to this life. In fact, it is not so bad, if you make your customers happy and Mrs Green too. Maybe one day one of the man will take liking in you and will treat you with gifts, that a slave could never dream of."

"I don't want a man and I don't want any gifts." I blurted out. "I just want to be together with Edmund." A river of tears were flowing in to my palms as I could not control my sobs.

"Edmund? Is that his name?"

"Hmm..." I agreed.

"You should forget about him, Thea. The reality is, that he chose to sell and leave you behind. I don't think he will take you back."

I didn't want to think, that this was Edmund's will. It must be Maria and only her idea to get rid of me in the most horrible way. I will never believe her words or anybody's else's in that matter.