47

"Why? You just answered yourself. She was sleeping." The answer came out innocent.

"In your bed, Edmund? Don't you have any standards? Allowing this dirty woman mess up the expensive sheets! Do you expect me to sleep there after that? And above all, I don't believe you, that she was just sleeping. I know, there is something between you two."

I could barely hold on to my sanity. This was so crazy. They both looked like mad beasts, shouting at each other and in the middle of it blaming me, for everything, even though I have no control over my Master's decisions. I am forced to obey his commands. If I wouldn't, this side of Edmund could be seen every day. I have never wanted it. I don't want him to feel this way, to experience these negative and destructive emotions, which makes him hurt others. I want him to stop. I want both of them to stop arguing.

"Tell me once and for all, why is she here? Why Thea is in your life?"

Edmund was watching me for some time in silence and heaving in frustration. Maria took a glance at me too.

"Don't tell me.... you make love with her....."

Was Maria completely insane? How could she think we.... we.... . Edmund is my Master... It would be so inappropriate to engage with my owner in.... I could feel myself almost choking on the idea of going that far. I know, it is forbidden for me to ever think of having feelings for him. Maria probably has no understanding of my position at all.

"Are you sure you want to know the answer, Maria?"

"Don't be stupid, Edmund. Of course I do!"

Edmund breathed hard like a bull before charging.

"Yes, we do!"

Maria looked like a fish deprived of water and I believe the look on my face was the same. Now I think, Edmund have gone insane. He was lying. Why he lied to her? Nothing have been between us and never will be.

"Edmund, I hate you. How can you do this to your own wife?"

"You are not my wife yet, Maria. Don't make me to remind this to you again."

"I will be! And for you, you piece of dirt..." Maria turned to face me. "You should be so ashamed of yourself. A slave. Unmarried. Sleeping with men, with your master, WITH MY HUSBAND! You are disgusting! I will make sure you..."

"Don't you think about it, Maria! I forbid you from going near her!"

Maria eyed both of us. "I hate both of you!"

She stormed out shutting the door so strong, it made the hinges shudder.

My body jumped after her violent leave.

Without knowing, tears have made their way down to my cheeks. My heart was full with hurt and shame for things I haven't done. Edmund lied to her and now Maria hates me. I never wanted to become enemies with her, with my future Lady. Why Edmund lied? Or maybe he didn't? We haven't slept together, but was he planning to? Is it a true reason, why he keeps me here and lately invites me to sleep next to him?

"Is....it why you keep me here? To give you....., satisfy your needs?" I couldn't stop crying by now. "Don't lie to me, Edmund! Tell me the truth, just once!"

He didn't say anything, but the heaving of his chest and creased eyebrows said, he was still in pit of rage. I felt very uncomfortable and wanted to leave. He was just standing there and watched, how I cry and flood the floor with my tears.

"I said don't go anywhere, Thea! Get back in the bed!"

No...no..... I shook my head.

"Do as I say or I will tie you up!"

His promising words frightened me. Does he expects me to sleep with him, after everything I heard? Does Edmund think, I don't feel ashamed? Will not feel ashamed? Just like Maria said. I am unmarried....

Edmund got hold of my body, before I got a chance to move. With no effort, he have placed me back in the spot, where I slept before. I was so afraid. I didn't want to be tied. He was holding my upper arms in place, I could barely move and unable to get up. I felt his rage through his hands, as he squeezed me stronger - so raw and filled with other unknown emotions to me.

"Please, Edmund..." I cried.

He was on top of me. Edmund's face lowered just an inch from mine. His heavy, mint scented breath hit my face, wet and loose strands of hair grazed the skin on my forehead and his eyes looked deep in my own. I could not bare the sight of his anger and frustration filled expression and closed my eyes. I felt hot streams of tears go down my face.

"Edmund.... please..... calm down..... Please! You are scarring me..."

I could still feel him above me, he haven't moved at all, like being deaf to my pleads. I was too afraid to open my eyes.

"Stop crying and go to sleep...."

My heart skipped a beat hearing his deep voice just above me.

When I felt his lips touch my forehead, my body went stiff. A kiss was light, but at the same time so strong and lasted longer, than that kind of act would usually take, filled with unspoken emotions, which he could only understand.

Edmund's body moved aside, I felt a bed dip next to me, but my form couldn't relax yet. I couldn't grasp, what just happened. I was happy only about one thing.... that he didn't take my body tonight.

In the grasp of the tension, my body have been holding all my fears and other emotions, by now, these feelings slowly came back to the surface and out in form of more tears. My cries turned into uncontrollable sobs.

I have opened my eyes, but everything was dark. Lights were turned off.

My body tensed up again, when I felt Edmund's arms coil around my waist, pulling my form closer to him. I felt the heat of his body and then his breath at the back of my neck. I could feel his heart, beating against my back..... or was it mine? I couldn't tell anymore.

"Don't cry.... Please, don't cry anymore, Thea....."