34

The delivered news brought a smile to my face. I have not seen him for so long, that I am starting to forget the image of his face in my mind. My heart is beating hard, I have mixed feelings.

"Aren't you happy, Thea?" Fiona's voice bubbled in my ears.

"I am."

"Really! You look rather..... confused."

"I am just nervous of, what I will see.....him. I am sure Edmund will be different, than he was years ago. I don't want to get my hopes up for no reason."

"Do you think, he have forgotten about you? Thea, you silly! I know my boy. He is still thinking about you. I feel it in the air." She threw her hands up.

Fiona looked so happy, like I have never seen her before.

"When is he returning?" I said calmly.

"Tonight, Thea! Tonight! We have to get house ready and everything else..... oh my lord..... Edmund."She disappeared as quick as she came.

I couldn't hide the feelings from myself – excitement, nervousness, longing.

I hoped so much, that he will be the old Edmund I know, but deep down I have a feeling it will not be the case.

I carry two buckets to one of the bathrooms in the house, when I remember about Edmund's room. I have not been there for ages and I don't know in what kind of state it is. Is it even opened? Oh my god! Will I have time to even take care of it until the time he arrives?

He told me to take care of things – his room, Storm and myself. What have I been doing all this time? I feel like nothing. He will be angry, if he sees his room in a mess. Have somebody been there?

I rush with my tasks to all parts of the house and unnoticeably the day goes to other end, making me more anxious by every passing moment. I am tired, hungry and sleep is nagging me already.

Martha have not been paying much of attention to me, as she is busy organizing the house for master's coming back. Everybody is running around like crazy.

I have finished my part of work and I am ready to go and check up on Edmund's room.

Standing in front of it, I feel little bit hesitant to enter his space. It almost feels like I have never been allowed in his personal living area. It pains me, as I realize ,how much my life have affected my behavior and thinking. I wish to do things differently, but not knowing, I end up reacting, like a person I have become - deeply oppressed.

For my surprise door is opened and I slowly walk in. The air is little bit stale. Edmund always liked to keep his window opened, often he stood in front of it and a breeze swayed his dark strands of hair gently. He looked dreamy, I remember.

The room has to be cleaned more, as it is now. So much I remember. Edmund wants everything to be perfect. It will take some time though, but hopefully it will be done by the time my Master is here.

***

My body is weak and I am extremely tired. I sit on the floor, my back is resting against Edmund's bed. Eyelids feel so heavy, I struggle to keep them opened.

***

"Thea! Thea! Thea!"

I hear a voice. A voice of Edmund. Am I dreaming?

Dreaming?

My heart jumps out of my chest, when I realize I have been sleeping.