40

Edmund straightened his back as soon as Maria came in. He looked very disturbed.

"When did you invite them?"

"Right after we left your 'castle'."

"You should have told me earlier."

With irritation present in his face he gave up on Maria, who had her hands cramped in his elbow, trying to drag him out to meet new guests.

In meantime I got my attention back in to a book I have picked. I guessed I will gave plenty of time to read, until Edmund returns.

***

"Thea! Time for lunch!" I heard Fiona singing, as she have stepped in library.

My face was red, heart flattered and I could feel a faint squirming of butterflies inside of me. I put a book in front of my face.

"Fiona, you really scared me." I exhaled.

"What's up with you? You look little bit ..... "

Fiona didn't finish, because she knew how I felt, just by looking at me. Her only response was light giggling.

"What happened?" she came closer.

"I... read this book.... and it made me feel... oh... odd " I smiled back shyly.

"Wait.... Is it romance?"

"Aha..."

"Tell me, what it is about."

"Well.... a prince marries a girl from a poor family. They love each other so much, that no obstacles can split them apart. It was so lovely and warmed my heart."

"I think I have heard this story line, somewhere...... closer to home."

"Where?"

"Silly! It sounds almost like you and Master!"

"What? Have you lost your mind? In reality nothing like this happens. No prince is going to marry a poor girl. And....and.... I would never dare to think that way about Edmund. I am not allowed...."

"You know, life can throw all kinds of things our way. You never know, when you might get lucky."

"Fiona!" I shouted in whisper. "It is still unacceptable for someone like me to have feelings for my owner. Above all, he is engaged. Have you seen Ms Maria? She is a goddess. No one in a right mind would leave her."

"Are you sure? Thea, don't you feel anything for our Edmund?"

"? ... hmmm... respect... I guess..."

"I think you are lying to yourself."

She decided to open a window and  breeze of fresh air filled a room, cooling me down from a slight embarrassment. How could she say such things she knows nothing about. Fiona has a completely white picture of what is going on inside of me and I doubt she knows anything about Edmund too. He is too closed off. Not his parents, friends nor me can get inside his heart. 

Maria.... maybe she is a one, who has managed to do it? It would be logical.

.....

"Thea! I just want to warn you - be careful with him. He is not the same, like he used to be. I am here talking silly things about love and.... "she was serious and heavy sigh left her chest. "Just like you said "you are not allowed", but he can do anything. Not all men are genuine in their words or actions. Some like to use woman for their personal needs. I don't want you to get hurt by him - not physically, nor emotionally. Also I am not saying he is one of those men, but you never know... ."