50

"I am sorry, m.. Edmund." I realized my mistake.

But was there a point to not address him this way? I believe our relationship have lost that meaning, where I would be allowed to call him by his name.

"Edmund! You are such a gentleman. Why didn't you wait for me?" Maria have caught up and complained about Edmund's rushed decision to abandon her. "What are you standing? Help me to get down."

He glanced at me, before helping Maria and her friends.

I was stuck up with them again and from my previous experiences, I knew, that it wasn't a genuine invitation from Maria. I have learned to not trust her. I feel like I can't trust any of the high status people.

"I will be going then... " I excused  myself.

Maria looked at me with weird expression, but said nothing. The same with Edmund, but his face still hold traces of frustrations he felt.

A wast meadow of grass and flowers laid ahead of me, in order to reach stables and get back home. I had no horse to fasten my speed, but I didn't sulk about it too much, just a way back will be a long one. In my view there was only endless fields of grass.

Earth shuddering rumble vibrated through my body, like the thudding of running horse. It indeed was. I didn't fear nor paid attention to approaching animal. By the time it have reached me, I knew, who it was - Storm. He instantly slowed down and walked beside me, but I felt it was hard for him to slow down his own horses. Something was in his mouth, it hang loosely in Storm's lips. A piece of bread. 

"You, little thief! You got your own share too, didn't you?"

I think he have stolen it from foods set for their picnic. Horse stopped and I allowed him to chew down his treat. Storm continued to walk beside me in slow steps, appearing to be much calmer than mere minutes ago. I rested my hand on his strong shoulder and felt every move of his muscles. He was so big and calm next to me. I wish it could be the case with Edmund. 

Sometimes storm is just like him. Scary, mad, unpredictable and violent. No one can handle him, only experienced and gifted person has that power, which I wish to have. I only make him mad and frustrated for reasons I am totally oblivious. I want Edmund to feel free of his constant anger, to be able control his emotions, but I can only dream of having a power so grand to tame a master of Storm. My power is good enough only for his horse.

I feel tears well up in my eyes. It hurts so much, that he have chosen to distance himself from me in such cruel way. There is nothing I can do about it, I can't help him and it hurts so much.

Edmund's POV

Seeing Thea, after such long time, made me loose my mind. I tried to avoid her, as much as possible, after a night I made her cry. She looked so scared and frightened. It was bad idea to ever go that far and try to express my feelings to her, while I knew, that it will never be possible to live a life I desired and she deserved. The beating of her heart and shaking of her body still haunts my mind.

I was fine until Thea appeared at the stables. If I would have known, picnic would be canceled and I wouldn't see her pretty face for a time being again. And now, as I see her form disappear in a field of grass, my insides burn in agony and anger. 

She called me a 'master'. I am happy and disappointed at the same time. She have grown so distant from me, that a word 'master' seems more appropriate in her mind. It is so hard to keep my feelings contained, when she is near. I hate it so much. I almost lost it, when I hold her just minutes ago on my horse. I didn't want to let her go. I wished that single moment last forever. That tiny piece of time, made me feel relaxed and happy. 

"Edmund, do you hear me?" Maria snapped.

She was never happy. This woman had everything in her life, but still, she demanded more an even that didn't seem to satisfy her hunger.

"Come and eat with us. Stop staring into the empty field. It is boring."

She have made herself comfortable on the cloth covered ground, where food, drinks and snacks were prepared by James, just to make her happy, which I assume will not be the case. Her bland friends were so much like her, that I hardly noticed them at all. I felt reluctant to join them straight away, as my mind still hold on to Thea, who was walking home by herself on her own two feet. If I would have known she will leave, I wouldn't have sent Storm away. It surprised me, how well she controlled him and that she have learned how to ride. It must be James, who taught her. Thea would never suggest such thing by her own initiative. I was glad, that she have learned so much, even though her years were hard and deprived of free time.

"Edmund! Watch out! That stupid animal is coming back!" Maria shouted in fright. 

I saw Storm approaching in the same speed, as he went away. He is still the same crazy animal he have always been. The way he moved, could frighten any living thing in front of him. I stepped aside to give him some space. It didn't seem my horse wants to stop, but eventually halted at the picnic spot, sending grains of soil in food and drinks, as well as destroying the white cloth under the food. 

Girls screamed in terror, as he carelessly stomped over the plates and bits of food with his dirty hooves. 

"Edmund, do something. He is going to kill us!" 

"Ohh no! Maria! He is taking the buns. He will eat them all!"

I could not find more amusing sight, than this. Storm was a natural catastrophe - ruining everything in his way.

After eating his share, my horse continued it way in a direction of home. I saw him approaching Thea's form, but she didn't even flinch. She had that power that could control him with ease, just being there next to him calmed his wild nature. With nothing more, than just her existence. 

Just like with me, but with uncontrollable circumstances, I can not experience  her calming presence. Could I be free, just like my horse and enjoy the life free of burdens and obligations?