32

Lamb's tiny limbs wiggled in the air as the baby attempted to move.  It looked so cute, innocent and fluffy, I could tell it was born maybe hours ago, but full with it's young energy. James placed it carefully in my lap, which made me shed some tears of how adorable this tiny creature is. 

Lamb's life have just started and I hoped it will be a good one.

"Here! Take these buns. Eat them!" James was presenting one in my face. It smelled nice.

"Thank you." I couldn't help, but cry at his generous act.

Food tasted out-worldly, I could tell, it was made with great care and love.

"...Fiona?" I said, looked at the  half bun and pondered.

"Yeah! She insists, that her lovely husband gets her own cooked, delicious meals."

We laughed, when James mimicked Fiona's usual, kind behavior. I adored both of them. They have met their match, they fit so well together. It's been years since they wedded and even now I can tell they still think fond of each other like newly in love. I can't help, but giggle at the thought. I hope one day to meet someone nice too, to spend the rest of my life together and hopefully not too far. Fiona and James both live here, so they are constantly together like two love birds. Well..... at times, when James is not taking care of Wiltshire's animals.

I just hope, that it will be OK with Edmund. Will he let me go?

"What about you? I ate all your dinner..." I said sadly.

"Don't worry. I am not so hungry."

Storm was still nickering in the background and then it got attention of James.

"Hmmmm.... Don't you want to greet him? I think Storm misses you greatly."

I was hesitant to go near him, but at the same time I wanted to. I desired to feel his fine, silky hair and strength in his body, also the warmth this big animal emitted. Storm looked much calmer. Maybe because of age? He is not so young anymore. 

I reach with my hand to touch him, at the same time looking out for any sign of his mischievous behavior, but nothing comes. He is calm as the wind in late hours of the day.

"Don't be afraid. He is not the same as he used to be. I think..... maybe he have lost his connection with Edmund, as he have been away for so long. You know, what they say.... 'animal is a mirror of it's owner'. He is not getting his share of Edmund's energy."

"What? Do you want to say that Edmund is crazy as him?" I pointed at my Master's horse.

"Yeah! Haven't you noticed?"

"...no...."

It was strange, what James told me. I have never seen Edmund go ballistic about little things and acting like a wild animal. It greatly puzzled me. Have I failed to notice it, even though I have been close to him all the time?

"Do you want to ride him?"

"WHAT?" I nearly jumped out of my skin on James suggestion.

A wide grin was playing on his face. "You heard me. I am serious, Thea."

"I....I can't ride. I .... don't know how." I felt nervous to the bone. "And....and.. do you think I will climb on to him, knowing of what that animal is capable of? I will be taken away to the end of the world, if I do."

"Wouldn't it be chivalrous of Storm?" James laughed again. "Come, get up." James have opened a stall and already petted Storm's wide back.

"But... Edmund. It is his. I can't use Storm for my needs..."

"Excuse me, Thea. He have given you so much and wouldn't allow just to take a walk on Storm? Also, he will not notice, unless you leave a mark on this horse." 

Carefully James helped me to get up. I couldn't believe I was on top of Storm. Instinctively my hands wrapped around horse's neck and I kept myself close to his body. I was so afraid. Even my eyes were shut tight. I felt him move. One step. Another one against the hard concrete floor. 

"Thea! Thea! Hold little bit tighter and you will manage to choke him. Relax, let go of him and open your eyes."

"I can't, James! I am so afraid!"

I felt someone poking me on a side. I opened one eye and saw James beside looking at me.

"See? Storm is not even moving and I am not holding him too. Relax."

I sniffed and took all the courage in me to lift myself up. I was so high up, Storm's stomach was moving slightly as he breathed deeply. He didn't look so frightening from this point of view, but the distance to the ground started to make me nervous instead. 

James continued to lead us outside. Small breeze was brushing over my skin, which made me calm down little bit. Oddly enough, it started to feel very relaxing and I forgot about Storm's notorious character.

***
I walked back home and as closer I got, the more depressed I became. I will be faced with Martha and jobs she will give me and I think she will be very upset about my absence whole day. I didn't want to return. Today was a great day. I enjoyed the time spent with James and a ride with Storm and returning home, meant my slave life will be back in it's play. 

Upon entering I already see Martha with grim face expression and her stick in her hand, which she carries around time to time. 

I do not like the sight of it.