61

This man sounded just like Edmund. The pain in my heart grew bigger.

"Thea!" My name sounded more like a question.

He put his cold hand on my shoulder and I jumped away in fright. I was facing him now. It really looked like Edmund. How could it be? How did he find me? My master seemed like an illusion in my eyes. Too real to be true. His hair was wet and messed up, in the same condition was his outfit. He looked tired and he was crying. Just a barely visible trace of tears streamed down his cheek.

"Did someone...." Edmund's voice broke in mid sentence.

I still couldn't believe it was Edmund.

"No..." I bursted out in more tears.

With a heavy breath, he let relieve take over him. Edmund came forward so quick, that it scared me. His earrings fell out of my hands and laid between us. I couldn't help, but feel little bit frightened of him. This was the first time I had met him after he branded me. I didn't know, what will come out of him at any moment. He has been so unpredictable lately.

I saw him startled, seeing me flee from his form. He looked down on jewelry and slowly picked both pieces up, gazed at them for some time in silence and then looked back at me. His eyes showed pain. I have never seen him so fragile and broken.

"I was thinking... what you said some time ago... I know it matters you a lot. All I wanted was to make you happy, but I couldn't. All because of my selfishness. I want..." He couldn't voice his words. "I will set you free. You will be a free woman, who will have a chance to find ....a man... make a family and be happy... ." His eyes went back to earrings.

I didn't know what to say. All of it came so sudden. I had mixed feelings. I wanted to be happy, but at this moment I didn't feel that way and look of Edmund made the choice even harder. If the circumstances were different, I wouldn't hesitate, but now... I saw, that it wasn't what Edmund wanted.

"Do you want me to leave?

My Master said nothing for quite some time, just looked at his precious items, he looked very sad.

"...no..., I don't want you to leave... ." Edmund finally looked at me.

"Then I won't leave you."

By the time, I had calmed down. I couldn't take the sight of his defeated expression and hugged him strongly. I cried. I missed him so much and didn't want to leave him. Edmund's arms came around my body and embraced me tightly. I felt his heart beating and his uneven breathing over my shoulder.

"I am so sorry, Thea! I am sorry." Edmund tried to hold back his tears.

I could sense, that a huge bolder of relief fell off from our shoulders. He had found me. Edmund found me. I felt a small sparkle of happiness warm up my heart.

"We need to go."Edmund looked me over. "Do you have anything else to wear?"

"No."

I could tell, that Edmund feels troubled, seeing me in the outfit Mrs green gave me. I didn't look like a respectable lady. Mrs Green or somebody else has destroyed my old dress. He wanted to take me away, but what will she say? Will it be so easy?

"Mrs Green. I... belong to her... Is it OK to take me away?"

"Don't wory, Thea. Remember, who I am. I can do anything, if I want."

We quietly squeezed through the door. I saw Mrs Green and Vince in far end of the corridor. Her face showed disapproval and deep disappointment, but I was glad that none of them said anything. Edmund gave them the last threatening glare and lead me outside through the back door.