46

Edmund's words hurt me. He have decided to never give me a sense of security and support from another human being. Would it hurt him to let me live my life? I am sure, I will stay around him anyway.

On other hand, I have thought, that he does these things only for his own good. He wants and he takes, against a will of other person. Edmund wants me to be around all the time and probably I will be spending my life by his side. I have no choice. In position I am in, I have no right to choose anything nor ask for things I desire. 

He must be upset. I don't quite know for what. Is it because I want someone else in my life, besides of him? Edmund has Maria, with who he will form his own family. After that, I won't be needed so much to him. At least, he can give me that little piece of happiness - a family I have always longed for.

The way he left.... I recognize it as his passive anger, which bubbles slowly inside of him, never truly shown outwards. I just fear, that one day it will burst out and no one will be able to stop his inner rage.

Seeing my Master acting and treating me this way, makes me cry. I sob quietly, my face buried in crooks of his sheets. I don't want Edmund to hear my hurt. His soft duvet is covering my body, sending pleasant warmth to my goose bump covered skin. It is so soft, I have never been sleeping in a real bed - so big and comfortable. It has an aroma of him. 

I notice, that my tears have fallen on his snow white pillow, staining it. 

Oh no... I have made it dirty. Edmund will notice and scold me for messing it up, the white, silky fabric. As I wipe it of, more fall down, making me more anxious.

"I am sorry, so sorry, Edmund" I say quietly under my nose, while looking at the wet, tainted spot on his pillow.

"What are you doing in his bed?" Maria's hard voice snaps me out of thoughts.

My eyes go over the cover and I see her standing in the middle of the room. I haven't noticed her entering. My heart leaps from her sudden appearance, as well as my body from Edmund's bed.  In seconds I am standing on the cold, marble floor.

"I was... just sleeping." I whipe off the remaining tears.

"Sleeping!? In Edmund's bed! Have you no shame and manners sleeping in it? You are a slave. You said you have spent your nights on the floor! Why are you not there, where is your rightful place?" Maria was getting more agitated by every passing second.

I shook my head. "No, no... Ed.. Edmund told me to..."

"SHUT UP! Don't blame everything on my husband! Probably you decided to try it out."

"I would never do it by my own will."

I have never witnesed this side of Maria. She was fuming in anger.

"GET OUT OF THIS ROOM!" Maria pointed at the door.

There was a click from bathroom and I saw Edmund emerging. He didn't appear happy either. Looked as he was disturbed in a middle of his bathing time. Edmund wore no shirt, his white pants hang loosely on his hips. Tiny drops of water were falling on my Master's naked shoulders, as the hair seemed to be freshly washed. 

I have never paid much attention to his form, his body before. He have grown and become manlier, the defined muscles on his chest and arms could make every young lady faint. But all, what he had, could only be in Maria's hands. She will be the one, who will be rightful to enjoy and feel the body of Edmund. 

I am puzzled, why she seems so angry or jealous of me sleeping in his bed. I have told, that nothing is between us to threaten her relationship with Edmund. I am only his slave, a servant to aid his everyday needs and wants.

I look up at my owner's face. Those dark brows of his are creased and his breathing suggests, he haven't got a time to cool down from a conversation with me. I hope this situation ends up peacefully between them and me.

"Maria, what the hell are you doing here?" His voice was cold  and filled with slight irritation.

"I came to spend some time with you, but your slave have already occupied my spot." Maria spat, while trying to maintain her calm composure at the same time.

Edmund looked over his bed and exhaled heavily. 

"I am tired. Could you give me some space for once?" he was getting more irritated.

I didn't want to be here, listening to arguments again and be part of it. I moved sideways in hopes to slip through the door and disappear. 

His eyes snapped at me. In the faint light of lamps and shadow encased room, his pale gaze looked ghostly and threatening.

"DON"T YOU GO ANYWHERE, THEA! You are not running away this time!" With fuming anger he shouted at me. 

My body shuddered hearing his raised voice. The heaviness of his breathing increased and it was not far to imagine the puffs of air coming from his nose, like the sight of a crazed bull.

I stopped right on the spot, but could not make my heart slow down. He was getting angrier too. Both of them and I was here between this couple.

"Edmund! Explain me, why this slave was sleeping in your bed, right now!" Maria was pointing at me, while keeping her eyes on Edmund.