Cosplay...

Indeed, as expected, Chanyeol had been cured of the melancholy he had been feeling, although the process required lots and lots of hugs and smooches (which was not for the worst of things, haha!) Given the amount of consolation it took, I guessed that he might have been thinking about that matter since the day we went to the amusement park. He had kept that thought deep inside, and just when the situation was such that it had become the straw that broke the camel's back, he cracked and let all of it out. Why, just why did he not tell me about it before, like when I asked him if he was doing alright...!? It would have pained less, right!? I did understand why he did not tell me before though; I would be like this too, so it could be understood... When in a relationship, communication is of the essence. As many have said, we ought to make good (and proper) use of our mouths... Hahaha!

Days had passed since that incident (the Cafeteria Incident, hahaha!), and at school, the Drama Club, along with the Music club and senior students of Literature courses, have organised a Drama and Cosplay day, and there was how it would work :

"So, basically, we would be watching plays, and walk around to see stands about a bunch of famous pieces and their cultural aspects...?" asked Chanyeol, seeming slightly uninterested. 

"Yes, but, la creme de la creme is that...! We'll be able to cosplay too!! Despite not like the anime kind of Cosplay, we'll be able to dress as characters from famous pieces like-"

"Romeo and Juliette. Come on; just how much do you know about Literature and the different pieces they study...!? I say, let's just watch the drama and then we'll head home. We have plenty of work to complete, if Miss remembers well", sarcastically let out my dorky giant.

It was true that besides the famous pieces like Romeo and Juliette, Hamlet, The Taming of the Shrew, among others, written by the famous English poet : William Shakespeare, I barely had any knowledge of what literature and poesy was actually about. And honestly speaking, I barely remember the plots of the aforementioned pieces (I used the word!).

"And I bet that you barely remember anything of your Literature classes back in High School days...! So why, I ask why, do you want to stick around to watch something as boring and as soporific as those tragic dramas ?" added Chanyeol, trying to convince me to go work and revise a bit, rather than losing my time there.

"Okay; firstly, we are already at school, so we might just as well take a look at how the whole event is going to turn out. Secondly, there's quite a bunch of my good friends, like Samantha, Alexie, Yusha- and yours too by the way, like Junmyeon, Jin, Sehun and all, that are going to act in the plays, and we absolutely need to support them!! Is friendship not reason enough to stay..? For at least an hour...? To encourage them...?" I said as I did the puppy eyes to convince him. I definitely sounded manipulative, but when push comes to shove, I should resort to my secret card, even though it rarely worked.

"Your friends might be the only ones dealing with stage fright; the guys are used to being on stage just as much as they are used to breathing...! Especially Jin, being a senior of the drama class...! He has been doing it even before he entered college...!" he scoffed. 

"Chanyeol, please...! Let's just stay a bit...! I want to cosplay so bad...! I want to be dressed as the famous King Midas, or Medusa...! See!? I know a bit about Greek myths too...!" I happily let out, proud to have remembered something besides Shakespeare and his chef-d'oeuvres.

"Yeah right... No need to cosplay for that; I'll buy a tonne of those rubber snakes and make a wig out of them...! You don't need much accessories; you're already a perfect Medusa...!" he laughed. I swear, what a tease...!

"Then I think there's something wrong with my eyes, since you haven't turned into a giant rock statue yet, you giant jerk", I pouted.

"The powers comes with the snake wig, hahaha!", he made fun of me.

"Ha ha ha. Laugh all you want. Okay then, I'll go at the theatre by myself. I can totally go there by myself and not make a ridicule loner of myself", I convinced him, while trying to persuade him otherwise.
He simply scoffed.

"Oh yeah...! Maybe Yuta will be there...! Yeah, and Daniel and Jungkook too! Yeah, I won't be alone after all...!" I said as I smiled playfully while watching the expression on his face change upon mention of the boys' names.

Those guys : Yuta, Daniel and Jungkook were among the hot boys of our college, and all the girls literally had their eyes on them. They were acquaintances of mine, and were really cool people. Chanyeol, fearing competition might arise if I hung out with those guys, frowned and gave me a serious and cold glare. I obviously felt guilty to have made him jealous so that he would accompany me, but that was the only he was going to listen to me. Deep inside, he knew that I would never, ever, be able to love anyone as much as I loved him, nevertheless the fear of losing someone you know would always pop up at any little inconvenience. And I would agree that I would have been burning with anger too if I were in Chanyeol's shoes...

"Okay, okay...! You really are a dirty player, you know...!? I hate that side of you", he uttered as he put his bag on his shoulders and starting heading towards the theatre.

"I know, I know... Let's go then", I smiled, slightly wickedly.

Hence, we made our way to the auditorium, where a huge pack of people were awaiting us. Upon seeing the huge crowd, I decided to go to the back entrance of the auditorium, in hopes of meeting with my friends, and convincing them to secretly let us in.

We headed to the back where we saw the actors, already dressed; some were reciting their texts for a last time, while some were talking to their co-actors and friends in hopes of relieving their stress and stage fright. Among those actors, I managed to notice Samantha, dressed like the ladies back in the 50s. I waved at her, and thankfully, she noticed me.

"Yo! Sam!" I loudly uttered as I waved at her.

"Hey! What are you doing here...!?", she said as she came our way to meet us.
"Hey there, handsome. I hope you're taking good care of that dwarf, hehe". 
Samantha was about 1.7 metres, thus she would always make fun of poor 1.59 metres me.

"Hey... Yeah, don't worry about the shortie", mockingly let out Chanyeol as he smirked at me.

"Yeah yeah- Hey where are the others ?" I asked her.

"Alexie is getting dressed; Yusha and your dear friend Tisha, are going to perform in the afternoon. And what's up with you guys...!? Why are you not at the entrance ?" she asked.

"We were hoping to be able to slide in through the back entrance, with you guys' help", I giggled, quite embarrassed of what I just uttered, despite Samantha being my good friend.

"What are you being shy for...!? Go through that door there, but be totally discreet as soon as you enter the room...! Now go! Before the others see you here!", she urged us.

I thanked her and ran towards the indicated door, with Chanyeol on my footsteps. As soon as we entered the room, we crawled to a secluded area where no one would be able to see us. And as soon we secured a seat, we made as if we had been sitting there for fifteen minutes. And since we were quite good actors ourselves, no one suspected that we had sneaked in like thieves. We unfortunately ended up waiting for almost thirty minutes before the house full moment. At some point, Chanyeol even threatened to leave me by myself in the room, but I managed to coax him till finally the curtains were lifting up.

"Ah, finally...! Let's get the show started!"