Lost in Thoughts

Chanyeol volunteered to drop me home after college was over. My place was not that far so it was a really short ride. "Don't forget. 7 o'clock", he said, quite enthusiastically. I simply nodded and he then drove off, giving me a big smile while going.

My house was found at the end of a little alley, one which was way too narrow for Chanyeol's big Mercedes Jeep! But I really love his jeep; it is a REALLY big one! Even though the door is difficult to open and to get inside I almost have to jump, it is really spacious inside! And not to mention, the big speakers he installed in it, are SO dope; if it were me, I would have stayed in the car all day to listen to some rock music! 

It was 4 o'clock; as soon as I entered the house, I went to see if my mom was home already. "Mom! you home yet ? I have something of utmost importance to tell you!!", I almost shouted, unable to control my excitement. Mom really likes Chanyeol; she considers him as his own son . He even cooked for us once and mom really liked his cuisine, and I must agree, he would make an excellent chef. 

"MOM GUESS WHAT! Chanyeol is in love!! Can you believe it !?!? He will treat me to dinner today and tell me more about that girl. I mean he is not that shy usually, which means it is really serious! He will pick me up at 7 o'clock."

"Ahh finally he got the courage to make that first step. Okay then, you better start getting ready by 5.00", she replied.

"WHAT THE-!?!? Why are you so unaffected by this !? And why do you want me to get ready so early !? I mean, it is not the first time that he is taking me out, and it's not like I am going out with a tonne of make-up on my face, so I do not need that much time to get ready! You ought to know that at least!"

"I pity that poor Chanyeol", she simply said.

Things were getting weirder by the minute; I decided to go in my room and relax while listening to some music. What did mom mean ? He was only going to tell me that girl's name and more about her. Just then, I recalled what Chanyeol told me : "I recommend that you dress appropriately". Really, how formal of him, I can't believe it. Of course, people do not fall in love like that; his behaviour must have changed at some point and I just failed to notice it. Now when did that idiot start to act weird ??

Now that I think about it, he is not the only one to have acted weird..! I remember that one time at the campus, when some boys were talking about us, and we overheard them saying that we were always seen together and that we would make a cute couple. Chanyeol turned to look at me with happiness and a shade of, what I would call hope, in his eyes, and gave me the brightest and purest of smiles. And I started blushing like mad, like why!? This is so unlike me; and that was stuck in my head so much so that I could not even look at him in the eyes while we had conversations for 2 whole days! And 2 days, to me, is A LOT! And since then, he kept smiling as bright as the sun each time I caught him looking at me...!

 I kept thinking about why he kept looking at me like that. And again, I was slapped in the face by the fact that he was acting like this because he wanted me to notice it and talk about it...! Oh my God I am so stupid! How did I manage to stay alive this long !? I am such a bad friend for not realising it sooner! But I must say, I did not know that Chanyeol was such a shy guy when it came to love...! God, I really want to know who this girl is now!

"Please let that girl be me!"

What now !? What the hell are you saying, sub-conscience !?!?!? Great ! Just great! I am talking back to my sub-conscious mind and I have the feeling that that would not be the end of my misery.

"You know nothing about that kind of stuff. You should let my conscience, that is me, handle the matter ", I retorted to my sub-conscious self. I am going crazy with this I swear.

"Oh excuse me but for someone who has never been asked out, let alone dated someone, you sure talk like an expert."

I swear I am going mad; my sub-conscious mind was actually right, but I had no time to argue with myself. Time flew and it was already 5.45. I went to have a shower, where I kept pondering about the times that Chanyeol was smiling like an idiot. He really had a nice, brightening smile- okay, I am becoming mad! Suddenly I recalled about that one time I caught him looking at me like I was a rare 6-string bass guitar ( it is actually quite a rare thing and as musically inclined as I am, I would DEFINITELY treasure it).

"Darl, a simple reminder that you are not the one who pays the bills in this house. So if you have finished, get out of the shower and start dressing up already; you may keep that boy waiting for 30 minutes" , my sub-conscious mind retorted. I swear, why in the world is it so active right now ? It was right though.

I got out of the shower and just then, I received a call from Chanyeol. I looked at the time and WOW it was already 6.15! Boy I do know how to waste water and money! 

"Hey I hope you are almost ready."

"Uhh I just got out of the shower. I will be ready on time tho-"

"WHAT !? But will you have time to do your make-up and stuff !? It takes like an hour, right !?"

"Oh my God, Chan! What has gotten into you!? You know that I like it natural and simple! Gosh I swear if I lay my hands on your girl, she will be hearing from me!! You are starting to forget my tastes now !?" Why was I angry though ?

"On the contrary. Okay then, I will be at your place in 15 minutes", he chuckled and cut off the call.

Now, why did he laugh ? WAIT! What did he mean by 'on the contrary' ?

"The girl he likes is you, you dumb excuse of a human! How can you live with yourself for being so stupid ?", retorted my sub-conscious self again.

"Oh no no no! Don't you even go there!"

And so, while I kept having fights with my sub-conscious self, I got ready and Chanyeol was already at home. I heard him talk to mom but I don't know why the hell my heart skipped a beat when I heard his deep, husky voice ! Okay, okay! Breathe in, breathe out. I finally rushed to join them after calming down.

"I am good to go!"