Bedtime

"Okay... Chan, babe, you know ? I think I will actually not be able to sleep tonight. I think... I think-"

"Yeah, likewise. But...! We still have our secret sleep formula...! You surely remember right- Oh right! I already asked you about that and it turned out that you had actually forgotten about it! And I assured you that I will make you recall about it, somehow...! If you know what I mean", my giant dork smirked and bit my earlobe while I was comfortably in his embrace on the sofa bed. Of course, needless to say that I had been enchanted and seduced by it, to the point that I was almost on the verge of forgetting about the video, but... I was almost there...! 

We had watched the Ghost car video first and the description that Eric gave us about the it, in its minute details, were all true; it had really happened! In my case, I had honestly had quite some trouble imagining the car driver driving aloof, just like Eric said. But upon seeing the video, I truly wished that that scene had remained blurry in my mind, just like it was before! Possessed was definitely the right word to describe that man's driving; it was as if he saw a ghost in front of him and had brutally had to change directions, on a freaking main road! Oh, and the U-turns!? It was like watching a car race, but only wilder!! Unfortunately, we were unable to find the second video, the one about the late boy's message. And truthfully, we would certainly not have the mental strength to assimilate all of this in one night, at almost eleven in the evening. Finally, Chanyeol and I decided to read the comment section of the video, and see if anyone had any plausible explanation for that unexplained series of events.

"Okay, here's a guy saying that it is just rubbish... Here's another saying that the video quality is so bad that anyone who believed it is a complete idiot...!" said Chanyeol while going over the comments.

"HA! Why would people always blame their lack of understanding and reasoning on someone else...!? Typical of the human race I tell you. It's true that the image quality would leave you skeptical about it, just like Eric said. But I choose to believe it", I said while reading the other comments along with Chanyeol.

"Oh, this one suggests that the car might have gone under the fence...! Sorry my lad but this is not a cartoon", chuckled Chanyeol.

Indeed! And the most astonishing part of it, was that many other people had also commented the same thing...!

"This is absolutely ridiculous! Would you just look at how many more similar comments there are...!? Oh, one here even says that the fence recoiled after that the car had gone beneath it...! Please tell me that I am not the only to not be able to comprehend this, let alone imagine it!" I let out, astounded. Chanyeol chuckled again and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm with you here. I mean, even if it were to somehow recoil, how can the poles remain as idle as statues like that!? The fence was strongly attached to the poles, so how come it did not undergo any damage when the fence supposedly recoiled- wait, how can it even recoil!?!? In what direction!? You know what, let that theory be or else we'll be up all night", wisely suggested Chanyeol. 

"Yeah, you're right... Hey Chan, I don't know if you noticed that but, when you were so engrossed in talking about the BooBuddy, Eric was literally contemplating you, you know...? At first, I did find it weird, but then, I thought that maybe that was what he had been waiting for for all these years...! To get close to you, Chan...! I mean, he is definitely younger than all of your other uncles; he must be ten years older than you at most! That means that he has only you to talk to about family stuff, you know ?" I hesitantly said. I did not want to seem as if I had been observing him for all this time, which was not true by the way, but if I ever had the chance to bring those two, hence this family, closer together, then it would be worth taking the risk.

"Hmm, have your eyes been on him all this time ?" he said with quite the serious tone. exactly what I was fearing, but I just had to do it.

"Well, let's just say that it felt good to have someone, besides you and my parents, to give me that much attention... And I kind of got carried away. I was not going to rudely push away someone willing to take some time and listen to me", he admitted. I smiled in consent and could not hold the little giggle in.

"What are you giggling for ? That does not mean that I am willing to overlook everything that he's done! Far from it! But... It's just that-"

"Yeah babe, I know how you are. He did seemed worthy of that second chance, didn't he ?" I interrupted. He kept quiet and after some time, he nodded.

"Aw you are being so cute right now...! I could just eat those little puffy cheeks of yours- Oh... Chan, did you gain some weight recently ? Your face seems chubbier than before", I let out as I got out of his embrace and took a closer look at his chubby and handsome face. His cheeks was definitely puffier than before and his jaw line was no longer so apparent, but despite those, he was still as handsome as ever.

"Yeah, maybe. I've been eating a lot lately...! Yeah...! A little too much if you ask me!" he said as he was just realising it himself. Oh, could he be any cuter!?

"Oh but that's good! Keep eating and become fatter than me...! I won't be alone in feeling fat then anymore...! Hahaha!!" I laughed. But seriously, if only I could burn fat just by lying around and procrastinating! Oh my God!

"Oh I just realised something! If I could burn one gram of fat for each hour spent procrastinating... Or watching dramas and anime, I would be as thin as a match right now! Why doesn't watching TV burn fat!? I am using my energy to keep my eyes open..! I am using all my energy into listening and comprehending-"

"Yeah, yeah. You better get your lovely butt out there and start running if you really want to lose some weight...! HAHAHA!!" laughed that big dork.

"You mean us..!?", I smirked. 
He immediately stopped laughing and wrapped his arms around me and launched a tickle attack on me but soon stopped, as I was really ticklish and started hitting his... uh, privates. I ought to defend myself, oughtn't I!? He laughed at how I had to resort to that little sneaky attack as I was obviously weaker than him; he then hugged me tightly and softly kissed my forehead.

"Babe, you know what song is ringing in my head right now ? Lionel Richie's 'Hello'" he smirked.
Oh, we were getting a bit romantic, weren't we ?

Hello!

Is it me you're looking for?I can see it in your eyesI can see it in your smileYou're all I've ever wantedAnd my arms are open wide'cause you know just what to sayAnd you know just what to doAnd I want to tell you so muchI love you  

Hence, we sang the night away till we had fallen asleep in each others' arms. Contrary to what I was thinking, I had no trouble in falling asleep despite the Ghost Car video. Maybe the credit went to Chanyeol hoarse and sexy voice while singing that lovely romantic song; it was a hell of a lullaby I should say...! Maybe it was also due to the fact that I had witnessed the birth of a new bond between Chan and Eric, which seemed to have brought those two closer than ever before, and that I was really pleased to have been able to have a little discussion with Chanyeol about that, even though we talked about it for less than a minute. Nevertheless, if given time, this bond would certainly grow healthy and strong. For now, let us rest and leave everything to tomorrow...