Impact Of Death

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted as I waved in their direction so that they would notice me under one of the restaurant's red and white patio umbrella. However, neither did they hear us, nor did they notice us; in other words, we had to go meet them. 

They were sitting in the shade, away from the fierce rays of the flaming sun, while we felt like doing the Ice Bucket Challenge right away! But before reaching them, we had to slide through the narrow lanes of already occupied seats outside, while we were sweating like mad due to the incredible heat. No need to mention how uncomfortable and embarrassing it would be to walk among that lot of people all sweaty like that. We swiftly slid our way through those narrow gaps between the chairs till we finally reached our folks, who were calmly and peacefully sipping on their cool cocktails and chuckling on each others' words.

"Mom! Dad! We're back!" I said as I grabbed the chair anext to Dad and sat.

Chanyeol sat between me and Uncle, while Eric took a seat next to Auntie and took his bottle of water and drank quietly. We all laid back and took a breath before starting the explanation. It would definitely require quite some energy as we would have to relive it again, in our minds.

"Well kids, if you ask me, you guys are good for a good bath", said Mom, looking at us while sipping on her cocktail. 

As I watched droplets of water roll down the glass, I gulped and as soon as Mom put the glass down, I reached out my hand to grab it and took a huge sips of it. As the cool liquid entered my oesophagus, I felt a chill all over my body, cooling the latter down as I took a few more sips..

"So, how was the ride ? Are you youngsters satisfied now ?" asked, in turn, Auntie while pleasantly smiling at us. 

I guess that seeing us all spent like that, was giving away the idea that we had the most amazing, and certainly the most terrific, experience of our lives. However, upon having heard those words, I could not help but look at Chanyeol and chuckle. We definitely had the time of our lives, although it might have costed Chanyeol his...

Wow, I had not thought about that before...

"It was really fun! Except that Chan had the fright of his life...! But I guess he will be telling you more about it now", I said as I held in a giggle.

He glared at me and by that fierce look in his eyes, I was guessing that he might be thinking of skinning me right now. But it was worth it; it ought to teach him a lesson, that he should not go and make fun of other people's fears like that. Ah, again, who was I kidding here... I was way worse than him, hehe...

Nevertheless, he could have ended up dead...!

"Yeah, mock me all you want. What actually happened was that I was so overwhelmed about-" ....

His words faded in the distance as I kept pondering about the possibility that he could have actually died from that sudden panic. It could have either resulted in choking as he would be too panicked to focus on his breath and that would have left him breathless, or in stroke...!! The level of hypertension that he had experienced could have burst open an artery in his brain, and due to the blood leakage and the tremendous pressure hence put upon the brain cells, he could have collapsed right away, and he would be in comatose within minutes!!

What would I have done without him...? That thought had never crossed my mind, because I had always thought that, no matter where we would end up being, he would always be by my side, just like I would always be there, beside him. Indeed, what would I have done if he had not calmed down that instant ? What would I have done if he had collapsed ? What would I had done if he had gone into coma ? Did the fact that I had not thought that far, mean that my feelings for him were not true ? Did that mean that I was taking that relationship for granted ? What did it matter now; I had taken countless thing for granted anyway... Did I really deserve him ? On his end, he might be thinking of a number of ways to avoid seeing that day, at every single passing moment. And there I was, taking all the attention and love he dedicated to me, as lightly as a feather. Chanyeol, what would I have done without you ? No matter how lightly I seemed to have taken things, whenever I would ask myself this question, my heart would hurt, my eyes would tear up, my brain would go blank... As far I could remember, I had spent each and every single one of my memorable days alongside you, yet, the fact that I had not even thought about that outcome was baffling me... Chanyeol... If only I could know what you were thinking about..!!

"-ing on!? I think we really need to get out of here...!" I heard Auntie in the distance.

I took a look around to only see a crowd of people rushing in our direction, literally crushing everything that came under their feet. What was going on here!? For how long have I been wandering in my own little world!? Why did everyone had that scared and panicked look on their faces!? I turned to look around the table to only see everyone standing and packing up as quickly as possible. Chanyeol grabbed my hand without even looking at me, and started pulling me away from the storming lot of people.

Oh, so that was what I meant to him... It actually went as deep as being his natural instinct. It was his instinct to protect me... It was his instinct to care for me... It was his instinct to be by my side... I was this important to him, but could I even say likewise for him...? Was I really worthy of such a being ? Did he really deserve someone as ungrateful and as selfish as me, by his side ? Oh Chanyeol, if only I could go back in time and refrain from being such an egoistic brat... If only I could reciprocate your love as you deserved it... If only...

"What are you doing!? You want to end up in the hospital!? Get up!" yelled Chanyeol as he kept a close eye on the rampaging crowd, approaching us dangerously.

I immediately got up and started running. I was not really understanding what was going on, but the fact that our lives were at stake here, kicked in and soon, I felt a jet of adrenaline running across my body. I instantly felt more energetic and more aware of the fact that we could all end up being severely injured, if not dead...