Fiction and Reality

"Look Chan, I am not angry with you- okay, I am a bit angry with you. But I am just pissed off by that snake and her hisses! And the reason why I am angry with you is that you won't even lift the little finger to push her away...! It's as if it all amuses you", I annoyingly let out.

"You are right about the last part; it does amuse me a lot...! Come on, I am human after all. Who does not enjoy a little dispute of jealousy...!? You yourself would not miss a fight between two jealous girls, would you ? I'm sure you'll even be having a pack of peanuts in your hands and enjoying every little bit of it! It's just that this time, you are not the spectator, but a participant in the drama", he responded.
It was a hard blow to swallow, but each and every word he just said was true. All I could do was nod and pout as I had nothing more to add. But I was still pissed off and mad at him.

I barely talked during our walk to the jeep. As soon as I got in, I told him to turn on the radio so that I could distract my mind from all this, thing which he did not linger in doing. Bruno Mars' '24K Magic' came on and, as much as I was not in the mood to party, I ended up singing and dancing along. Of course, the giant derp laughed at me for being ridiculously and unfoundedly angry at him, and for being oddly cute when I was having fun like that. And after he was done mocking me, he too joined me in grooving to the song. Well, who can resist a good R&B, Pop and Funky song anyway...!?!?

We had fun while the trip back home lasted, and I had to admit that I had calmed down a bit. However, as we were getting off and Chanyeol was turning off the engine, the song ended and the afternoon news bulletin followed. At least we would get to know more about what happened to that poor teenager in France. I sped-walked to my house while Chanyeol's confusion was pretty clear on his face.

"What are you rushing for, babe ? Your house's not going to run away you know..." he teased.

"The news bulletin's about to start, silly. And I'd like to know what happened to that poor girl in Paris. Now please hurry up!" I exclaimed as I sped up and opened the door, with Chanyeol being right behind me.

"Yeah, I hope we'll know more about that poor French girl", said Chanyeol as he got in. He too was concerned about this girl in the end.
We jogged to the kitchen and I hurriedly turned on the radio. Thankfully, the news reporter was still on the headlines.

"Ah, hopefully we won't hear anoth-"

"Shh! It's coming on now."
I was interrupted, again, but as my focus was mainly on the news, I let it slide by.

"... Moscow. Two youngsters have been arrested for having in their possession twelve pouches of Molly and cathinones, which are most commonly known as Ecstacy and Bath salts respectively. Having carefully concealed those in their bags, the teenagers were heading to the Kazansky railway station, their destination supposedly being Central Asia. Aged 17 and 20, Zach Grachov and Mihael Svetlana were already deep under the drugs' influence when they had been detained by the police officers, and that was also how they caught some passers-by's attention. According to the witnesses, they were intoxicated and were making strange, frightening noises and were screaming for no reason at all. We luckily got our hands on a video which has already been uploaded on our station's website, but for now, here's an extract..."

All we heard after that were strange screams of fright and and yelps of pain. They were shrieking as if they had seen a ghost or something; only five seconds of those horrible cries and screams were enough to give me goosebumps all over my body. For some reasons, their cries were awfully frightening me and were making me indescribably uncomfortable, to the extent that I could bizarrely picture images of devilish creatures in my head. (Yeah, I know this sounds creepy, but as I had once mentioned, I am extremely sensitive to music and hence, sounds like those.) Thus, I reached to Chanyeol and hugged his arm tightly. Being in awe himself, he pulled me in for a tight hug. I guess we were both taken aback by those nightmarish shouts. Luckily for us, the recording lasted roughly ten seconds; anymore of that and I would literally be shedding tears.

"Furthermore, Zach and Mihael had been reportedly missing for the past two months. According to one of Zach's friend, Vitas, he had been behaving oddly for quite some time, and had been strangely intrigued by Yohan, an organisation which, as you all know, has become infamous for smuggling drugs in each and every corner of the world, and alluring in youngsters to be the smugglers. And a perfect example would be the unfortunate incident of Theresa de Fleurville, whose cause of death has been not yet been confirmed. As you al..."

"Oh wait! It's the French girl we were talking about right!? So that Yohan gang was behind this too...!? Wow! Not to sound childish, but all of this is like an episode from Hawaii Five-0!" I exclaimed. I mean, I have only heard of those scenes in shows such as that one...!
Chanyeol kept quiet and was still focused on the news. Yeah, I ALWAYS get that, either from mom, or dad, or Chanyeol. Like, would it be too much to ask to acknowledge what I just said ? Even with a simple nod!?

"We shall continue after a short conmercial break."

Ah, it would seem that not much had been known about Theresa after all; autopsy and sample analysis were no quick and easy tasks. If only we had the advanced technology as in those Mech mangas, the culprit could have already been caught by now. Sometimes, you cannot help but wish that those dreadfully unimaginable scenes would remain in movies and mangas or in people's twisted minds, where they rightfully belong. And why would only the bad things become reality!? Why could my life not be like a super romantic drama, in which a lot of hot boys would be falling for me, and in the end, the chosen one would be Chanyeol, obviously...!?

"This world is scary; being left in the savanna seems to be safer than walking down the streets at nine!" finally let out Chanyeol.
He might have been at a loss for words after hearing all this.

"You bet! Those cries were not human at all though. I really felt as if I were in hell, hearing those demons shrieking and yelping."

"Compared to you, I've never been in hell", he teasingly said while smirking at me.
Of course, I was not going to let that slide by, so I smote him on the arm. Ha! He deserved that one...
"But yeah, I got the same... ghastly feeling about this. I think I'll join you in thinking about having our future children", he chuckled.

"See!? I told you so!"
Of course, those were light talks as it was too soon to be talking about family planning. After all, we were in no hurry.

"Anyway, you better get explaining before we both forget about it!", I exclaimed upon realisation that my question, number 41, could very well remained unsolved, and I would be like a fool in class the next day, for not being able to keep up with the explanations.

Thus, I got my things out and he grabbed a pencil and started writing his explanations in my copybook. It was indeed true that there existed things which are better explained and easier understood when a friend teaches you, and so was the case when Chanyeol clarified my query and helped me in solving the question. If only every problem could be solved this easily and this quickly, Earth might not be such a bad place to live...