Back to normal

"Good morning to you... uh, uncle Er-"

"Oh please, I am way too young to be called 'uncle', wouldn't you say ? Eric's just fine, hehe..."
Eric was actually quite the friendly guy, or so I felt. Even when I had given him the party whistle last night, he had smilingly and politely accepted it and had thanked me. However, the one to be currently wary of, was Chanyeol. I wanted to talk to Eric and discuss about at least a topic with him, to see his point of view on this world. But I feared that I might actually end up in front of my house's doorsteps even faster than I expected, as I might trigger Chanyeol's anger and overprotectiveness as soon as I got too talkative.

"Yeah, morning."
Okay, that was a rather dry greeting if you ask me . But considering Chanyeol's immense hate for Eric, I'd say that that was quite a good attempt; at least he did not ignore him, right ? How rude would that have been...! And even if he felt the dryness in his answer, Eric still smiled softly. There was something about this smile that was frankly enticing and mesmerizing. It was not even a full smile; it was cold yet heart-warming, traces of melancholy and regret could be seen, but it was still displaying happiness... 

"Have your mom and dad already left for work ?" Eric inquired, trying to start a friendly conversation.

"Yeah... But they'll be back early today."
Chanyeol was still cautious nevertheless, he seemed to actually have no problem in conversing with him, which was a really good thing! There was some hope for things to eventually end up well between them after all...!

"I see... Oh, you guys do not mind me. I'll just be making myself a cup of tea and I'll be heading to the living room."

"Uh... There's some tea left in the kettle over there", I said while pointing towards the kettle.
"There's no need to make more."
I had to test the waters to see which level of chattiness was acceptable, in fact, bearable for Chanyeol. I mean, only yesterday, looking at Eric was an issue but today, talking to him was not; sometimes, it felt as if Chanyeol was even more complicated than I, a girl...! That might be why he would sometimes keep his troubling thoughts to himself, and torture the hell out of himself with those by crying alone.

! That might be why he would sometimes keep his troubling thoughts to himself, and torture the hell out of himself with those by crying alone

*They: the other members of EXO, including Baekhyun