Natural Instincts

He gave me his arm to grab again. This time, it felt less awkward and more romantic. I grabbed his arm and we both entered the restaurant. As I mentioned, we had already been there before but I was still fazed by how big it was, not as big as the chic restaurant he took me to, but it was really big! I really liked the atmosphere there. As it was located in the woods, we were far from the main road and hence, from all civilisation and all the noises. The only sounds that could be heard were that of the cackling ducks in the lake just in front of the restaurant, the  chirping of birds and the leaves and branches rattling due to the wind. It was really peaceful here. What a panoramic view to behold...!! That was enough to make me forget about everything clouding my mind.

"Ahh... finally a breath of fresh air... Feels good to disconnect with the urban life and appreciate the beauty of Mother Nature." It might seem that I got carried away, but if your poetic side does not automatically awaken on seeing such a sight, then you need to get out, cut yourself off from your materialistic world, and enjoy what has been here since way before you were born....!

"Feels good right? Especially after that dose of Tisha we got...! Oh man, I can still picture her hyena-like face... hahahaha!"

"Come on, now. Let that poor girl live... hahahaha!" 
Seriously, how evil were we!? Hahahahaha!!!!

"By the way, the way you retorted sounded like some jealous girlfriend. I did not know you would have such a side to your personality... Are you into me THAT much babe?"

"Excuse me but no one takes my boyfriend away from me. And I was not the only one to be jealous, may I point out. HA!"

"Yeah but I am not letting anyone disrespect my girlfriend and walk away with that. Now that I think about it, I should have laughed at her right  then...!"

"Aww you are really cute right now. No, it would have been really rude of us. And it was funnier when we tried to hold it in right!? Oh my God, the disappointment in her voice! Hahahahaha!!"

"And who was it who asked to let that POOR girl live? Hahahahaha!!!"
Really, it was so much fun!!

We stopped at the reception desk, where the receptionist welcomed us and asked a waiter to show us the way to the table that Chanyeol had booked beforehand. He planned it all! But I put that little detail aside and got seated; I should be grateful that he went to the trouble of reserving a table here again, and that too only for me!! And seriously, now was not the time to act like the ill-mannered and ungrateful person that I was...! Soon the waiter was back with the menu.

"As always, choose whatever you want."

"Huh? Wait, we are doing like we used to right? We sharing the total cost between us right? Because I-"

"I am paying it all."

"Nope. Not this time. I won't let you-"

"Don't argue. I said that I am paying and THAT IS ALL! We will not discuss about it any further."

I simply nodded. Have I mentioned that Chanyeol was from a quite wealthy family? I am not implying that I am from a poor family here, but mom has to work at unpredictable hours and dad has to go abroad like every 2 months. They both work really hard but I must admit that they earn less than Chanyeol's parents. Frankly, those differences in work and earnings did not mean anything to me. Chanyeol and his parents are really humble people, even if he personally liked wearing quite expensive clothes, but it is the personality of the person that matters in the end, isn't it? Chanyeol knew mom worked at odd hours and he also knew that it was not easy for her to handle the family while dad was abroad. Personally, I made sure she did have to do anything when she came back from work, and a household of 2 persons is not as difficult to handle as one of 4, for example. But even so, I felt that that was what Chanyeol was thinking about right now, so I would not talk about it. And the food here was just as expensive as that in the fancy restaurant, so I would go for a simple affordable dish, not the cheapest, as I felt that it was going to complicate things further.