The Girl

Days had passed since the incident at the amusement park. No news of the girl's cause of death had been found yet, although they had managed to identify her. On the radio, the same news would be broadcast every time : "nothing is yet known about the cause of Rachel Chenings' death", "the police's Investigation and Forensic analysis team are doing their best to enlighten us about the matter",...

For sure, that incident had marked many who were present at the amusement park (including me and the folks), especially those who had had the misfortune of witnessing it. But just as you would expect of a fast-evolving world, almost everyone's attention had shifted away from that matter quite quickly, even mine. Although I had ended up crying a river about it that day, I had quickly put that incident at the back of my mind the very next day. And, that had been the case for the whole of our town's inhabitants. And if it were not for the constant reminders by the radio, I would have honestly forgotten about it. 

Hence, the only ones who were left, deeply scarred by that mishap, would be Rachel's parents and relatives. Why would the world care about the death of one girl, while hundreds and thousands of people were losing their lives in bomb attacks in Syria...? That was how most of the people were thinking- no, that was how the media was making us think. But then, those same people would be speaking about everyone's life being equal...

I had had those thoughts, and I had discussed them with Chanyeol who was also quite disturbed by that too. We were fortunately here for each other and in the end, we had forgotten about that the very next hour. It was clear that the whole world had understood that, in order to be able to live a happy and healthy life nowadays, we would all have to be selfish and mind our own business. Yet, no so long ago, the world was not like this...

Coming back to us now, we had gone and attended our classes normally the following Monday. Everything was back to normal; we attended our classes as usual and continued with the routine.

"Chanyeol, Let's go to the cafe...! It's been a while since last went there...!", I said as the teacher had dismissed the class for the day, and as everybody was packing up their things. 

Chanyeol nodded in agreement, and as soon as we finished packing our things, we headed for the cafe, found just across the street. As you might have guessed, many were already heading there so we had to rush and secure a place there. If it were not for its perfectly creamy Cappuccino, which it had been months since I had last had one (since the place would always be overcrowded), I would have headed home immediately. But sometimes, your cravings would get so hard that it would be impossible to resist them...

Like Chanyeol's lips...

Ah, my dear demon, always surging up unexpected and unwanted. It was right though, honestly. Whenever I would think back to that sexy dream that felt so real, I would start blushing and I would even feel a gush of hotness rush through my body, as if it was happening to me in reality. 'Oh, if only that could be the case...!' I would always think. But then, I was a shy and recessive coward, too embarrassed to let my lovely dork know about it. Why was I like that...!? Why would I always think I could take on every one of Chanyeol's little mischief, but as soon as he would smirk, there would be no one weaker and more vulnerable as me...!? I always thought I would be such a bad-ass, but it turned out that I was only a quiet sheep...

His sensual touch on your skin...

Oh yeah...! Having his huge and strong hand holding to my thigh, and running up and down my leg- Enough! Any more of it and I would be on my knees...! Of course, my little demon kept displaying such sensual scenarios of Chanyeol and I in my mind, and I was trying my best to not let them affect my facial expression and body language. Fortunately, I was having a conversation with Chanyeol all the while and hence, I was focusing more on what he was saying, rather than on my own perverted fantasies. Truthfully speaking, I would never be able to understand how I could even fantasise about such things in the middle of conversation. 

Fortunately, I had come back to reality shortly as we entered the cafe. I took a quick look at the menu board, even though my choice would be the regular Cappuccino in the end. I guess it was a reflexive action to take a look at the menu board.

"Go to that table over there quickly; I'll stand in the line meanwhile", ordered Chanyeol, and like a good maid, I executed my master's orders. Yes, my mind was still tainted with those R-rated thoughts, but it was under control now.

Hence, I took a seat at the table closest to the window (the protagonist's seat, obviously, haha!!) and glanced in Chanyeol's direction to see if he was doing fine with the order. Having nodded at me to reassure me that he was managing himself, I smiled back and started gazing outside. A nice jazz song was playing on the speakers, creating a cozy atmosphere simply perfect for a cup of hot, creamy Cappuccino. After having placed the order, Chanyeol came back and started gazing outside too. 

While we were waiting for the waitress to bring our order, we kept talking about everything and nothing. I really loved talking to Chanyeol like that; we would always end up talking about something as deep as the Universe, and we would literally close ourselves in our dimension, and keep talking for as long as we could. We actually made it a must to have some time like this to ourselves, so that we could maintain and strengthen our bond even more (even if it would sometimes feel like I could not get any closer to him than I already was).

"... by Bobby Caldwell. We shall now head towards Jennie who is going to present the afternoon news. Good afternoon Jennie. Please proceed with the headlines for this afternoon."
Oh, it was the radio playing on the speakers.

"Good afternoon to you too, Mark.
The cause of death of Rachel Chenings has finally been elucidated : despite the already decomposing body, the Forensic Analysis team of our police force has found traces of compressions on the throat of the thirteen-year old girl, confirming that the girl had died of asphyxia. More details shall be given later by Chief Inspector Danil Bent. The Ministry of Sports and..."

The time for the truth behind Rachel's death was soon going to be known. It pained to break that interesting conversation with Chanyeol, who felt likewise too. The serious look on our face could be clearly seen as we heard Rachel's name. What were we going to hear now...?