Back In Class

"Chan, when will you throw the party?"

"I don't know."

"Have you told auntie about it yet?"

"No, not yet."

"Is it going to be for this week?"

"I don't think so."

"Then.. next week?"

"I don't think so."

"Then... the week after?"

"Ah, I don't know...! Can't you stop bugging me, you little pest?"

"Oh, I hope uncle will be here too. He will, right? I haven't seen him much late-"

"CAN YOU FOCUS NOW!? May I remind you that we are in class! Worry about what is being taught at the moment, or you'll come crying to me for explanations afterwards!"

"Wow... Take it easy babe. I was only kidding. Sorry.."

"Well, you joke too much."

So, let me explain. After we visited Kyungsoo at the restaurant, we had contacted him again occasionally. But each time he was asked if he was free, the answer was always either a 'no' or 'not for the time being'. Thus, the holidays came to an end even before we got the opportunity to organise a party for Kyungsoo. But that was not reason enough to prevent us from throwing the party during school days! And the latter had also mentioned that with college starting soon, he might be less busy, and that it would hence, be easier for him to take a day off...! And as you might have guessed, that really hyped me up, hence the reason why I was going on about it and annoying Chanyeol in class. But in the end, he abruptly got touchy about it; he never got that angry about me annoying him...! Maybe this time, I went a bit overboard; after all, I have been annoying him with that for almost 2 weeks already. I know I am irritatingly persistent, hehehe...

After I got 'grounded', I did as I was told and followed the lecture attentively, like a good little girl. See? I know my limit, even though it now seems to be less honest... Hahaha! But even so, the thought about the party kept popping in my mind! I kept imagining ways in which we could organise everything; my mind was soon swarming with ideas, and I was getting more excited by the second!! By then, I was praying hard for the lecture to be over so that I could discuss everything with Chanyeol! He was currently the only outlet for all my excitement!

Finally, after what seemed like ages, the lecture was over. I grabbed Chanyeol by his arms and pulled him to the college's yard. I was impatient as, as much as I know myself, I would easily forget all those amazing ideas I got in a jiffy. So, I had to talk to him about them as soon as I could, as they were still stuck in my mind.

"Sit, sit! I have a lot of amazing ideas for the party! Firs-"

"Have you actually been paying attention to the lecture? You really get hyped up for nothing, you know? "

"Hey! Firstly, yes. I have been paying attention in class. And secondly, it is not as if I get to have parties everyday! I'm not like someone I know, who get to attend party-like family gatherings almost every month! My relatives do not li-"

"Live nearby, yeah I know."

"I would really appreciate it if you would refrain from interrupting me when I am talking, in the future. Thank you in advance."
I gave him a quick, sarcastic smile then looked at him, annoyed .

"Let's return to the topic at hand : the party for our dear Kyungsoo. I was thinking about a garden party, with barbecue and all! What say!? It will be SO cool! Plus, uncle's great at barbecue!"

"Can you quit it with the 'uncle' thing? It is making me uncomfortable."

"What are you saying here!? I always called your father so! Don't tell me that you are still salty about the fact that I kept annoying in class! And that you could not pay attention to what the lecturer was saying..! I am really sorry about that... But jeez, I think you-"

"It's not that."
My eye rolled instinctively; he just butted in while I was still talking. AGAIN!

"Then, what is it?"
Silence.

 "Come on! I think that, as your official girlfriend, I have the right to know what is bugging my oh-so-sweet giant, dorky beloved. Isn't it?"
I was given the silence treatment again. Hmm, I immediately felt that it was quite serious.

"I am actually serious here Chanyeol. Tell me what is going on. I will help you in any way that I can."
Upon saying those words, he turned to face me with a serious and, at the same time, a worried expression.

"I am prepared to hear everything that you have to say."

"It's my uncle actually."

"Uncle Jimmy? Or-"

"No, I don't think you still remember him. But you still remember my grandpa and perhaps you have met my uncle once or twice. But you must surely not have any memories of him."

"Indeed, I must agree. What about him?"

"Well, he is coming over to stay with us for a while."

"And? Excuse me but I fail to see what is there be worried about here. And that uncle, is he your dad's brother?"

"No, mom's"

"Ah, okay."

"Look, I did not mean to hide that from you or anything but, it is just that we don't see him much- actually, not at all. And there is a reason for that. Can we go somewhere else to discuss it? Let's go to your place; I'll feel much more 'comfortable' to talk about it."
The way he said that word, comfortable... That only confirmed that the matter was really serious.

"Yeah, let's head home. And we shall discuss all this over some tea and cookies."

Hence, we headed home. As I had mentioned before, my house being quite close to our college, the trip back home was quite short, and in this particular case, thankfully it was so! The atmosphere had gotten quite tense since he started talking about his uncle and it was actually difficult for an untactful being such as myself, to lighten up the ambiance. However, as it was a 5-minute trip and the radio was on, I could remain quiet and pretend to be listening to the radio for that little lapse of time. 

We have soon reached home. As soon as I got inside, I went to check up on mom, who was not yet home, and went to make some tea. Chanyeol followed me in the kitchen, and took a seat at the dining table.

"Wait, I'll give you some cookies to eat while I quickly make the tea."

"Thanks."
Thanks? I was only doing the usual thing here. I would normally hear a 'be quick with the tea' or 'I know where you keep your goodies so I'll take them myself'. Aw, my poor little baby...! That was really worrying him, wasn't it? But it was only his uncle...!

I quickly grabbed a pack of cookies from the cupboard and gave it to him. But, he did not open it; instead, he just played with it, and was 'reading' about its contents. Now who actually does that before opening it and eating it? Especially when it is a cookie that we have been for years!! I had better hurry up with the tea, which was soon ready. 

"Okay, we can continue now. Where were we- ah, yeah! You do not see him at all. May I ask his name?"

"Eric. His name is Eric. And yeah, we do not see him at all, and that is because neither his own sister, that is mom, nor dad, likes him. I don't know much about him as mom does not like to talk about it. However, I do know that he travels quite a lot."

"I see."

"Mom told me that he was a really brilliant student. He was very intelligent,but I still don't get why he stooped so low!"

"What happened?"

"Just know that he is the reason why grandpa got really sick during his last few days alive. He is the reason why grandpa is no more."