Fright

Damn it; there just had to be a power cut! I really wanted to check that Ghost Car video out!! Ah, that was going to drive me nuts all night! However, I had to admit that it was a really blood-chilling story, and somehow, I wanted to hear another one. No matter how frightening those stories were, I would always be so engrossed in them; they were like that shot of adrenaline rush to me! Nevertheless, this one might just be an overdose, which would leave me sleepless. Maybe hearing many mysteriously horrific stories at a time would divert my attention and focus, as I would hence, have too many things to think about at once, that I would just give up on them all.

"There just had to be a power cut, right now! Just our luck!" exclaimed Chanyeol.
"I am not sure to sleep after that one...!"
I was certainly with him there!

"Yeah, me too! However, I want to hear another one...!" I excitedly let out while smiling at Eric.
"Well, since we will not be able to check the video out tonight, I think it's not a bad idea to hear one more, isn't it ? Oh, unless you have something to attend to...! Then..." I let out, making sure that the disappointment in my voice was very clear.
I was really hoping that he had nothing urgent or important to do...!

"Well, technically I am free right now since I, too, will require the Internet to complete my work on the laptop. So, I would be really glad if I could hang out with you guys till then", he said with that happy and enlightening smile again. 

Just then, I had noticed from whom my dorky giant had gotten his charming smile! And God had his smile and sweetness conquered my heart too...! Was that a bad thing ? I did not care at the moment, as I was only focused on how he had won me over so easily, just as easily as Chanyeol...! In the end, those two were more alike than they were aware of.

"Oh yeah, totally! I am really looking forward to hearing another one of those stories! But seriously, had there been absolutely no sign of damage on the fence...? The poles were not bent ? Not even a little bit ? They had not been uprooted either?" questioned Chanyeol. 
Ah, so the story had been bugging him all this time, huh... Well, that was the same for me too.

"Well I personally saw nothing on the fence. But you must know that the image quality was so  deplorable that you would not be able to help but wonder about its credibility. If only I could show you the video right now, you could decide whether it was all scam or not. Unfortunately, I cannot refill my Internet package until it is over", said Eric with an apologetic tone.

"Yes, me too. And Chanyeol's battery that is also low right now...! Simply our luck, I tell you! But yeah, that little feat's a thinker indeed! I guess that we would surely be convinced when we watch it with our own eyes, hehe", I chuckled.

"Certainly you would. Now, should I tell you another similar one ? Or one less... terrifying ?" he asked, once again.

"It's okay. I certainly got the chills, but I am definitely hearing one more like that", confidently let out Chanyeol. And I surely agreed with him, hence I nodded.

"Okay then. This one happened to a French couple who had lost their son", he said as his voice had gone from excitement to plainly unwavering and almost toneless. That this guy definitely had a terrifying talent in impersonation and disguise; I almost got goosebumps!

"Upon his death, the boy left this parents with a feeling of emptiness and despair, just like you would have surely suspected. The boy had been the couple's only child; hence you could imagine how attached the parents were to their one and only child, the apple of their eyes. After the latter's death, the mother decided to record messages on a tape, in hopes that her late son would somehow be hearing them, as if it were a phone and that on the other end of the line, was her deceased son. Her husband would also join in the recording session too, from time to time. Deep down, they only wanted to hear their precious one's voice again; it could almost be compared to a holy ritual in which their wish had become a prayer, prayer that they desperately yearned for the Almighty to hear and grant. Thus, the recordings kept going on for a while, with mostly the mother doing the recording. Despite being aware that all of this was complete madness, she kept doing it anyhow, until one day, while listening back to one of her recordings, she heard a voice that was definitely not hers."

We had reached the terrifying climax once again. I was already having goosebumps all over my body. I was so focused on his words and the story that could not even look at Chanyeol while he was talking. His narrating skills, the words he was using, his somehow toneless yet soft, perfect-pitched voice, and his posture, were all very captivating and were all, in some way, enhancing the story. Even though I seemed to have described him a little bit too in depth, I was not at all focused on him; my attention had always been on the story. And yet, I had somehow become aware of all those things about him. This guy... who in the world was he really!?

"Having identified the voice to be that of his late son, she immediately called her husband to let him know of her amazing and exciting discovery. No need to mention that the husband had been taken aback by this too, but he was happy to be hearing his son's voice after such a long time too. What did the son say, you would surely ask me. Well, her mother had simply 'asked him' if he was doing fine on the other side of our realm, and to her astonishment, he seemed to have actually heard the message, and responded by saying that he was missing her and that he loved her. Of course, the overwhelmed parents had also checked the other messages to only hear noises due t some kind of interference interference. But with the wife having confirmed that she had not been in the presence of any electromagnetic devices, such as a mobile phone, they came to the conclusion that that electronic jamming was actually caused by the late son somehow, in trying to communicate with his folks. The least that can be said was that he had surely seemed to be hearing and looking after his parents in the other realm", he finally concluded.

Just like a little while ago, we still went back to being in awe. However, this time I was able to make sense of the story; it has been made aware, many a time, that those unidentified entities could make their presence be felt by interacting with electromagnetic things. But of course, how had the dead lad managed to leave such a clear message was definitely incomprehensible.

"So, what are your guys' opinions about this one ?" asked Eric with his sweet voice back again.

"Oh my God...! There is a video on this one too, right!?" I immediately inquired.
That was definitely the first thing to ask.

"Yes, you guessed that right. But I say that, seeing how may have made it clear that spirits and the otherworldly entities, that story is a little bit more believable than the previous one."
Indeed, that was my point too. And what Chanyeol had to say about that one ?

"Yes, I remember seeing people going ghost hunting in one of those documentaries... Ghost Hunters I think it was called", he said.
I had thought of the same thing too, hence I nodded in agreement with him.

"In one of the episodes, the team went to visit a haunted ruin which had previously been a church before, I think. And there, they had put electronic thermometers, EMF meters and other gadgets that could record whatever things that could cause a fluctuation-"

"Light intensity, for example", interrupted Eric.
So, he was passionate about interrupting people while they were talking too huh...! I then saw from whom had my big dork gotten that nasty little habit, Well, my parents would always be at it too, so it might just be a characteristic that one or more members of a family would possess. Chanyeol simply nodded in approval to what Eric had just said. It seemed that he liked the fact that Eric was actually paying attention to what he was saying.

" And after having set everything into place, the needle in the EMF meter moved and the electronic had recorded a sudden drop in temperature. So yeah... It has certainly been made clear that those beings interact with our immediate surrounding, hence affecting the gadgets which would instantly record the fluctuations caused by those interactions", he said with a hint of passion in his voice. His fervency could be very well noted during his little talk by how serious his expression and tone had become; it was obvious that he too was an amateur of those horror stories, despite being afraid of the unknown. But honestly, what would life be without a little fright to spice up things...?