The Shower

The hot water running on my body was really soothing and relaxing, although sadness and pain were still lingering around. I thought that the hot water would burn all of it away; I thought that the water would wash all of it away, but they still remained. The thoughts about that poor girl, the ways in which she had been horribly used and mistreated, the dreadful end she did not deserve, the pitiful state in which her corpse was found, all of it still remained in my head. 

I cried. I could not help but cry. I could not do anything but cry, silently, within the confines of my little corner. The sharp pain I felt in my throat was killing me. I knew, I knew that pain was the only way of growing stronger out of many situations. But did it have to hurt like that...!? Was there no other way of growing up...? I knew that that was the reality, that the reality could be harsh sometimes, that everything was not always a bed of roses. I was aware of the fact that out there, there were many more horrible and inhuman things going on, but yet, that was what I was crying for; that was what I chose to cry for. Was that not being simply hypocritical ? Yes, it was. Why did I not cry when I heard about those poor fishermen not being able to earn a proper living and suffering to eat three meals a day ? Why did I not cry when I heard about that poor married woman who was dismembered by her own husband ? Why did I not cry when I saw the faces of those poor, sickly, slimming and starving children, living a miserable and unhygienic life in Yemen ? Why did I not cry when millions of people's homes had been destroyed by hurricanes and tornadoes ? Why, just why, did I not cry when that poor five-year old girl, who was innocently riding her bike on the road, meet with a horrible accident and died...!? 

The more those thoughts came to my mind, the more was the pain in my throat, and the more I cried. I have had those emotional breakdowns over the past few years, and it was one way for me, to sympathise with the unfortunate victims. It would also remind me of the fact that the world does not do justice to everyone; some people are born luckier than the others, and nothing would ever change that. Everyone had their fair share of problems. In the end, it would all depend on the individuals' approach to solve their problems; only in this way would they find the strength and will power to overturn the situation they were in. That was all there was to it. I never stopped thinking about how the world would have been if people had realised that fact... That they, themselves, behold the strongest power to make the unjust, just... That they have everything they need to make the world a better place...

I felt more and more pitiful each time I thought about ways in which I, personally, could have helped someone out of their misery. Was it because of my ego...? Was it because of my reluctance...? Did I back out, out of shyness...? Or was it simply my lack of interest...? No, I had to move on now! I was helping no one by being depressed like that; all I was doing was increasing Uncle's water and electricity bills. I washed my face, let the water run down my face for a few more seconds, before I closed the tap and dried my body with the towel. I took a deep breath as I put on the body lotion that was lying there already. The Chamomile scent of the lotion was really pleasant and relaxing, but its coldness upon contact on my skin brought me back to Earth in an instant. After I was done, I wrapped the towel around my body, opened the separator and got out of the shower tub.

Obviously, the air was colder than it was behind the bathroom separator, so I was greeted with a cold breeze as soon as I had set a foot outside. I looked at the empty wooden bench, to only recall that I had yet to take my clothes from Chanyeol. Just as soon, I heard knocks on the door; it was certainly Chanyeol who was bringing my clothes. I guessed that he might have been standing in front of the door for some time and only knocked when he heard the separator slide. I went over to the door knob and made sure to slowly turn it and open the door only slightly, enough for my hand to slide out and enough for the clothes to slide in. But Chanyeol did not give me any time; having frankly told me to back away from the door, he opened the door wide enough for him to slide through it, thing which he did swiftly.