The Amusement Park (2)

We all got in line to buy our tickets. Contrarily to what I was expecting, people were standing in front of the ticket booth and queuing, thankfully, in quite an orderly and civilised fashion. Nevertheless, the frustration and impatience was building up in me, as the buzzing of the people was resonating in my poor ears. But that was all the fun of an amusement park, wan't it ?

"Okay so, what shall we try after the roller coaster, have you thought about it yet ? The Dark Ride...?" suggested Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol...! Obviously! Will you be accompanying us there too, Unc- I mean... Okay, it will take me a while to get used to calling you by your name, but it shall come with time, hehe..." I jokingly let out. However, it remained true; calling him by his name was not only difficult, but also risky since my over-possessive giant would certainly not be very approving of it. And as a proof of that exceptional trait of his, he was already glaring at me for having asked Eric about that.

"Well, we shall see in what condition I will be coming out of the roller coaster. Haha", he chuckled. I was certain that he would not be agreeing to that right away, and something was telling me that he was also going to refuse to go with us after the roller coaster ride; I would have done the same thing if I were in his place.

"Okay then, should I buy the tickets now... No, we may lose them on the ride. We'll have to do the round trip between the ticket booth and the rides then", said Chanyeol. Ah, hypophora, such was our typical human habits...

Hypophora: the rhetoric device in which the author poses a question which is, in turn, answered (by the author himself)

We were gradually approaching the counter until finally, after ten minutes of waiting, came our turn. Well, that should have been expected as it was the week-end and since there was no school, many would have surely thought of doing a family get-together too. Chan bought the tickets and as soon as they were handed, we got out of the queue to join in other one: that of the Monster Roller Coaster! 

As we got in line, the ticket-collector checked and collected our ticket. The cheers and shouts of the people currently riding the coaster could be heard even though they were at the peak of the loop! I could now take a good look at the speed with which the roller coaster train was going; if only seeing was making me dizzy, then what was awaiting me when I would actually be riding it!?!? To top it all, since some people were rethinking their decisions and backing out, there was not so much people left in front of us, meaning that the next batch that would go, would include us in it...! This sudden realisation made my poor, fragile heart throb, to the point that my agitated heartbeat was the only thing that I was hearing amongst all that gossiping. I could hardly breathe normally; I was excited- at least, I thought that I was, but I was mostly engulfed by fright and anxiety. What if the train were to fly off-track while doing the loop!? Or, what if it were going too fast that the train would derail!? What if-

"Babe, are you alright ? Oh... don't tell me that you are having seconds thoughts about the ride...! Are you, perhaps, scared...?" teased Chanyeol with his cocky smirk. I would be refuting this comment with my own sarcasm, if only his words were not true.

"Honestly, yes. I am scared, but, I am not backing down! I will not back down now; I am only a few minutes from an immense adrenaline rush, one that may actually be the death of me, but I want to do this...! I want to-"

"Okay, okay...! Calm down, I was only teasing you... Scaredy-cat! Hahaha!!" he mocked. I could only glare at him till he was patting my head, then wrapped his arm around my neck. I swear, he could be such an annoying jerk sometimes...! Who was I kidding, I would have probably mocked the hell out of him by now, if he were in my place; I was the greater pest myself!

"If that can comfort you, this ride will only last around three minutes. Well, it will not be longer than five minutes, that much is for sure", said Eric with quite a comforting smile. I was more surprised by the fact that this guy could actually manage a comforting smile, than the fact that this whole ride was only going to be three minutes long...! 

"Ha, I can't believe you're freaking out for three minutes!" he laughed again. In my current situation, I was only yearning to punch him in his stomach and shut him up. Now that I got a chance to think about it though, if he were to be a hot-tempered and furious person, I would have probably ended up six feet underneath a long, long time ago...! I could now feel what my poor Chan has undergone each time I would make fun of his pitiful state. Oh Chanyeol, you might never have any idea of how sorry I currently was to have pestered you like that...! 

I glared back at him and pouted. He then pulled me in a hug and comforted me, while still laughing at me though. The train was finally arriving, and stopped. Its passengers were electrified, to say the least; we could hear cheers and laughter, as well as pants and whimpers. The common opinion was that the ride was terrific, and that was to be expected. It seemed to be terrific, both in the frightening and astounding way. Well, in a few seconds, I would be able to confirm the category by myself. As all the previous passengers got out, the ticket collector allowed our batch to enter and take a seat. My heart was pounding faster for each person that was getting in until finally, it was our turn to take a seat. And hence, I got in after Chanyeol, and followed by Eric. 

I was in the middle of the guys and thus, I got the quite reassuring feeling of being well protected and away from any harm whatsoever. I could not think about anything else as the over-the-shoulder harness was lowered. I grabbed it strongly and kept looking forward, as if nothing mattered anymore. My heart was still pounding hard, but it was no longer beating irregularly.

"Babe, I am here for you. Don't worry, nothing will happen; it will be over in the blink of an eye, you'll see!" he reassured me with his besoothing words. I could, unfortunately, only smile back and grab his hands tight. 

The last persons were settling and their harness was being lowered. I had gotten used to my throbbing heart and the unsettling feeling that was crawling under my skin due to the fright. In a few seconds, the train was going to be launched and I would either end up with the most amazing feeling and experience ever, or I could simply end up dead from all the tension and scare. What was awaiting me at the end of this ride...?