22:00

Omniscient,

Maranda sat at a bar downtown in Los Angeles, taking two doses of Nuvou.

Her and Tesfaye gotten into a huge argument over jealousy. Tesfaye flirted with a woman in front of Maranda, not know Maranda has a crush on him.

As for Maranda, she's got some issues with her mother and Step Father in Miami, Florida. Her mother wants her to come visit, but her step father is a pervert / pedophile. She definitely not going back to the way it used to be. She despised that life during her teen years.

Now, being a grown woman; she could could do whatever she wanted and not give a care in the world.

Maranda stared at the fish tank that held the bodies of Japanese fighting fish. Her phone started to flash, notifying she's gotten a text:

Where you at? I'm sorry.
Tesfaye - 9:56

The text was from Tesfaye. She rolled her eyes; she honestly did not want to be bothered with him at the moment.

Why you worrying? I'm just a broad.
Maranda - 10:02
-
If you was a broad, we wouldn't be talkin'. You didn't answer my question.
Tesfaye - 10:06
-

I don't have to. Leave me be.
Maranda - 10:08
-

No.
Tesfaye - 10:10
-

Maranda turned her phone off and picked her purse from the counter. She waved good bye to the bartender as they waved back.

She hopped in the car, driving back home.

*

Maranda laid on her bed, eyes slowly closing as she held onto her towel that was warped around her body.

The bell ringed. She wasn't expecting anyone tonight. She clothed her body, going down to peek out the peek hole of the door. It was none other than Tesfaye. She sighed, opening the door.

"What? What? What is it, Tesfaye?" Maranda picked at the two buns on her head.

"You still mad at me?" he asked.

Maranda pierced her lips, "Somewhat. It's irrelevant to me now."

She open the door and let him in.

**.***.**

"Girl, you need to pick up the phone on the second ring. What you doing?" Schenell asked on the other line.

"I'm doing nothing, but painting my toes. What's up?" Zhiloh dipped the brush into the white polish, grabbing the matte coat polish.

"Look, there's a block party my cousin is having. You need to come, it'll be lit."

"I'm not sure," Zhiloh hesitated, twisting her hair into two buns.

"Babes, come on!" Schenell sighed, "What's Jay doing?"

"Being a asshole like usual," Zhiloh scoffed.

"You know, he's only like that because... you must not be doing your job," Schenell snickered.

Zhiloh held the phone to her ear tightly, frowning, "The fuck you mean, Schenell?"

"Um, how long has it been?"

"What you mean?"

"You know.."

"Bitch..." Zhiloh scoffed, "three years. We just got back together not too long ago."

"You need to be popped. If I was you, wee-wee! Wee-wee! Honey!" Schenell laughed.

"Schenell, shut up! What if I said that about Ace? Hm?"

"Bitch, get slapped."

"Okay then, back the fuck up. Ain't you a virgin?"

"....No," Schenell cheesed.

"What happened to waiting till marriage?"

"Couldn't help myself."

"You thot."

"About the block party. You in or not?"

"I'll come, what's the theme?"

"Um, white and black."

"I'll try to persuade Jay to come with me. See you- wait, address?"

"487 Zuiko St."

Zhiloh hung up.

After 35 mins of begging Jay to come with her, they arrived at the party. Jay wore a white hoodie with dripping black paint decor print, acid washed jeans with his white and black Adida superstars.

Zhiloh wore acid washed skinnys, a black tank top, covered with a black hoodie, and the original hightop Sk8 Vans. Her hair was in two bobs on her head.

Everyone stopped their previous dancing as they seen Jaysontè and Zhiloh pull up to the scene in their black Range Rover. Hell, their music even stopped.

Once people seen them, their mouth dropped ajar. Zhiloh and Jay got equal attention. Most women (some gay men) drooled over Jay for being the attractive being he is. Some girls glared at Zhiloh for stealing the spotlight(they never got attention like this).

Wemon wore short, skimpy dresses and Men wore their finest clothes they could afford while Jay and Zhiloh walked in the scene like they own it.

"What's going on here?! Why the music stop?!" someone yelled over the crowd.

"Them," one pointed to the duo.

"Whome gives a f-" she stopped as she caught a glimpse of Jay, "oh. Now I know why.. continue this party and quit being childish!"

The DJ started blasting Wetter as everyone turned back up.

Jay slipped a metal object in Zhiloh's back pocket, "Be careful. Yell if you need me," he whispered in her ear as he walked off.

He already knew some shit was ought to pop off.