00:01

[Beastly // 01]

Zhiloh.

I sat with my ice-cold beverage in my hands. I looked around the schools in the cafeteria, instigating my view of the lousy students upon me.

         I secretly groaned as Samantha and her friend Makate approach me. I didn't like Makate and she didn't like me.

"Hey, Zhiloh," Samantha greeted as she hugged me.

"I still think 'Zhiloh' is a weird name," I heard Makate snicker to Samantha, throwing shade.

Don't you think your name is a little... perky, 'Makate'? I laughed to myself.

"Anyway, It's nice seeing you, but we have to go!" said Makate as she quickly grabbed Samantha's hand.

"But I want to stay here with Zhiloh.."

"Nope! We have a project to do," she dragged Samantha to the double doors.

This was nothing new, Samantha sometimes picked Makate as her friend. Being the quiet one that I am, I didn't do anything about it.

        I finished my iced coffee and threw it away, going to my fourth class before the bell rings.

***

   I walked on the right side of the road on the sidewalk, I heard fainted voices as I have gotten closer and closer to the suburban area where I lived.

     "Am I freakin' cursed?!" Someone yelled.

"No, Hunny, you're not... you just have to wait for the right time," a feminine voice assured.

"I guess.."

     The voice trailed as I got down the road to my home. I knocked on the door, waiting for a response. My step-brother opened the door. I pushed past him. I didn't want to hear his racist comments about my skin color.

"What's wrong with you, you black nigger?" he snuck up behind me. He tells jokes about me, just because his skin is white. He is white.

      "Leave me alone, Jonas," I sat my bag on the kitchen table.

"Why? When I can control you when I want?"

I ignored him. My Mom had to marry his father. At least he isn't racist.

I felt him touch my butt. I uppercut him in the crotch.

He fell down groaning in pain.

I huffed, grabbing my items going to my room.

✘✘✘

I hope that you enjoy this book.

- nini.