00:16

Zhiloh,

I got under the covers of the bed, taking out my phone. I search my phone, looking for something to do. I seen Luca's number.

My finger shooked as I began to tap on the number. Finally, my finger touched it and it was calling. I slowly placed the phone to my ear.

"Wassup, it's Lucas. Who this?" he voice dropped.

My bit my lip, nervously, "Hey, Lucas. This is Zhiloh. Remember? Back at 69?"

"Oh, yeah. I see you got my number. How you been doing, ma?"

"I been doing fine, kinda rocky, but I'm fine."

"Mind to explain? I mean, you don't have to," he said.

"It's a long story," I said, looking out the window.

"Gone head, we got time."

He seems trustworthy. He is on the same team as Jay... wait, oh no. What if he's with him?! I'm not gone stress about it.

"You see, It all happened when I was with my boyfriend-"

"Boyfriend? Who is it?"

"....Jay."

"You mean Jay, as in Jaysonté?" Never paid attention to his full name.

"Yeah, that one."

"Awe, that's my homie. I taught him the ropes when he joined the gang."

I don't wanna be a homie hopper. He's just a friend.

"Three years ago?"

"Yeah."

We talked all night, until we fell asleep. After a while, I awaken at three in the morning.

My phone line only went on for sixteen hours, so it was ended.

I looked through the drawers of the room and found a huge sketch book with graphite pencils.

I walked down to my aunties dining room, seeing a balcony. I open the glass door and sat in one of the recliner seats, throwing a fleece over me.

I started to sketch. I sketched with as much detail as I could. The hair, eyes, lips, nose... perfect, flawless skin. The moonlight shined its way onto my canvas so brightly, that it enlighten the drawing.

Once I removed my hand, I stared at the picture and sighed. I didn't know I was even drawing him.

His appearance in the drawing was the same as today. A bun sat perfectly on his head; little strands of hair sticking out, his baby hairs gelled and laid, perfect arched eyebrows, those wolf gray calm eyes that I like the most, filled with danger and promise, and those soft, pink lips that I only kissed a few times this years.

I drew a little crown hovering his head sideways. His sleeves were covering most of his hand as he felt his bottom lip, looking to his left. I never noticed how beautiful he was. This drawing looked realistic. The shading is 3D.

I started to sob and whimper.

I know he didn't mean to leave me alone. It was a mistake, at the wrong time, wrong place. I can't be upset with him forever. No matter how hard I try to change myself, I can't find the guts to do it.

I set the sketch aside and accidentally fell asleep outside. Maybe I'll run into him again.

Jaysonté,

I woke up to a empty spot next to me. I seen some note, but ignored. Gotten way too many of those.

I scratched my scalp through my hair.

I took a shower and walked into my closet. I grabbed a maroon long sleeve with a pocket attached, olive green jeans, and black Yeezys. I got dressed and went to the kitchen, turning on the TV.

"According to the witnesses, there has been a shooting massacre at 3825 Carstlen st. About fourty five people were murdered. There were no traces left of the person whome done it."

That damn Dayna. Wait, where are they?

I picked up my phone.

"Hey, wassup, it's Dayna!"

"Where is y'all?"

"What you mean? We're at our hideout."

"Do you know how much attention you bought on yourself? Where's Zhiloh?"

"Yeah, I know about the attention and they won't find out who I am. Our fingerprints aren't in the system... yet. We brought Zhi to her aunt. Malak, quit it!" she laughed.

"Where does her aunt live?"

"Uh... 3457 Xatshoes dr."

Wait, isn't that Samaria's house street?

Samaria is our messager to snitch on the Cardiac gang and give us information when needed. She was a very nice woman around thirty years old. Can't believe she's Zhiloh's auntie.

"Ight. Thanks."

"You welcome, nigga."

I hung up and began fixing tamales.

I'm not going over there, I'll run into her sometime since the street ain't far.