00:05

[Beastly // 05]

Zhiloh.
I nodded my to 'The Hills' by The Weeknd while doing my homework for the day.

    I heard my Mom come in. I rolled my eyes as she sat her purse down on the table. She probably going to ask me to take something to Jonas.

"Zhiloh, take this to Jonas," she demanded handing me Sour Patch Kids; Tropical® candies.

Awe, hell naw, I'm getting Some of these.

"Okay," I grabbed the bag from her. See, this woman didn't even buy me anything.

When I got to the top stairs, I opened the package, getting about twenty-one. There was a lot in there, hell.

I opened Jonas bedroom door and threw it in there. I heard a smack. I doubt it had hit his face. But it did. I snickered my way down the halls.

"Man, the hell?!" I heard Jonas.

     I barged into my room before he could catch me.

    ***

It was now night time; I heard Mom and Jerick arguing, again.

"But Jerick-"

"No, I'm done. I'm done with your prissy attitude. I'm getting the divorce papers tomorrow!" he exclaimed.

"Honey, the term isn't that big!" I heard my Mom frantically crying. As long he not putting his hands on her, I'm alright.

       "Yes, yes it is; you're accusing me of cheating on you for a whole year, when I've always been faithful to you and this is what you pay me?"

  I heard something getting picked up. I thought nothing of it. My eyes widen. The pit of my stomach strike with fear and illusion.

Oh no.

I quickly ran downstairs to see Jerick with a wooden plank. My Mom was against the wall.

     "No!" I screamed as if he was about hit her. I ran in front of her.

He stopped and glared at me, "Zhi, get out of my way!"

I looked at him, "You're not about to hit my fucking Mom with that shit!"

"What's going on?" Jonas came downstairs, "Wha-"

"Son, go back upstairs!" Jerick said.

"Dad, what are you doing? You're not going to hit these innocent women like you did Mom."

"I said; go upstairs!" yelled Jerick.

Emmanuel. \\ Jacob Perez.

I heard yelling coming from across the street. Being the nosy person I am, I decided to see out the window.

    I seen shadows, but they were blurry through my vision. I picked my glasses from my coffee table.

A male figure was holding a plank while to females was against an wall.

      What's happening over there? Should I go see what it's about?

*

Should Emmanuel go see about it? Would Jerick ever get those divorce papers? Why did Jonas say that? Does Jerick have a history with hitting women?

Find out in the next episode of Beastly.