E14P4: "I Gave You Everything"

{OST: "4 O'clock" by V & RM}

31st December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 30,
Decision Day,
Monday

[Terrace Café, 8:00 p.m.]

Jungkook arrived at the Terrace Café by foot. He looked all chic and handsome as usual. When he reached the door, he took a deep breath, before pushing the door open and entering the shop. He scanned the shop, but saw no sign of Jieun. He approached the café staff.
Jungkook: Excuse me, sorry but did you happen to see a girl who's really pretty and has long black hair...
Girl: She's upstairs, waiting for you.
Jungkook smiled.

Jungkook: Thank you

Jungkook: Thank you.
Jungkook bolted up the stairs and reached the top in no time, thanks to his excellent physique. Indeed, Jieun was sitting at a table sheltered by a huge umbrella, back facing the staircase, staring at the open air. She was so focused on the atmosphere that she didn't even realise it when Jungkook walked in. Jungkook smiled and walked towards her.
Jungkook: Ah, the air sure is great up here.
Jieun turned around and smiled when she saw Jungkook.
Jieun: Kook-nim!
Jungkook smiled as he pulled out a chair and sat right next to Jieun.
Jungkook: I'm here.
Jieun smiled at Jungkook slightly, before turning back and gazing into the night sky.
Jungkook: What are you thinking of?
Jieun smiled.
Jieun: Just things. Here and there.
Jungkook: Care to share your thoughts with me?
Jieun pursed her lips.
Jieun: I was just thinking, while waiting for the call earlier, what if you end up not calling me?
Jungkook laughed.
Jungkook: What made you think so?
Jieun: Well... I don't know. Kind of like a weird feeling? I felt so relieved when you called me earlier I almost cried.
Jungkook: But... what triggered all these emotions?
Jieun: I don't know... like maybe since I knew you had feelings for Yoojung at the beginning, the fact that you went to see her earlier before dinner made me feel really uneasy. I felt that if I did anything wrong, you might leave me for her and-
Jungkook laughed.
Jungkook: Pabo.
Jieun frowned.
Jieun: What?
Jungkook: Pabo!
Jieun: Why do you call me that!
Jungkook: Because you are one!
Jieun pouted.
Jieun: Explain.
Jungkook: I admit, initially I really thought I had feelings for Yoojung. She gave me the best first impression and when I went out on a date with her, we had so many things in common.
Jieun: Go on.

Jungkook: Then, you came along

Jungkook: Then, you came along. I started getting more and more confused by you, so I decided to sort out my feelings. You can ask Seokjin-hyung! I talked to him for so many nights in a row about it. But at that time, he was also deliberating hard about you and Byulyi-noona, so he couldn't help much.
Jieun nodded slowly.
Jungkook: But overtime, I figured them out on my own. Whenever I hung out with Yoojung, I just found her cute and energetic and just couldn't help but pat her head everytime because she was so adorable.
Jieun frowned.
Jungkook: But she didn't make my heart pound the way it did for you. When I saw you cry in the restaurant, my heart literally shattered. When you were modelling in front of my camera, I just felt like running forward and embracing you in my arms. When we were in Busan, at the beach in the morning, I just felt like grabbing your hand and running away.
Jieun was stunned and she looked at Jungkook with her mouth agape.
Jungkook: But I had to hide all my feelings for the show, so I made you the pendant and the photo diary instead. Do you think I gave Yoojung anything? No. But I gave you everything, including my heart. So... don't you agree that you're the biggest pabo that has ever existed?
Jieun was speechless, she didn't know how to react. Jungkook went on.
Jungkook: How much more do I have to show you to make me believe me?
At that moment, he leaned down towards Jieun and planted a long, meaningful kiss on her forehead. When he finished, Jieun looked up at him, a shocked expression on her face.
Jungkook: Just believe me from now onwards, alright? You wasted too much time doubting my feelings for you. Mm?
Jungkook looked into Jieun's eyes, his hands slowly reaching out for Jieun's. He weaved his fingers around hers and put their hands into his pocket. Their hands both felt nice and warm in his pocket. Jieun stared into Jungkook's eyes. They were glistening under the dim moonlight and were so full of depth and emotions that it was hard for her heart not to be moved. The corners of her lips curled slightly and slowly turned into a grin.
Jieun: I believe you.