E1P3: "I Don't Want To Meet Anyone I Know"

{OST: "Yes I Am" by MAMAMOO}

2nd December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 1,
Move-in Day,
Sunday

[Outside Signal House, 4:30 p.m.]

Another taxi pulled up at the front door of the Signal House and the second resident emerged from the from the front seat, with a huge smile stretched across her face. She had an extremely bright demeanour, with greyish-brown ombre wavy hair and choppy bangs. She had huge eyes, thin lips and sharp features that was highlighted with some light but well-done make-up. She had a slim figure, with long model-like legs despite not being very tall. She wore a simple white long-sleeved dress shirt, skinny jeans and red high heels. She hardly wore any accessories but her beautiful face and good dress sense made her look elegant and attractive.

[Hearteu Cafe, Pre-recorded]

<Moon Byulyi, Signal House's 2nd Resident>

Byulyi: My last relationship was actually 6 years ago. Because I have been so busy, I have neglected my love life. Now, I decided that it is time to activate my love cells and start a new relationship.
Byulyi laughed and let out a dazzling smile.
Byulyi: I hope the other residents aren't people I know... if not it might get a little awkward, haha.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: She says that she hopes she doesn't meet anyone she knows here...
Jaewoong: But remember Season 1 and 2? Both seasons had at least one pair of acquaintances...
Eana: Well, but then there are also people of different degrees of closeness too. If it's someone that you've never really talked to then it probably won't be as awkward...
RM: I think differently though, I feel that it would be more awkward if it were to be someone you both knew existed but walked past each other without talking. Wouldn't that be even harder for both people to get close to each other?
J-Hope: I guess it's based on the personalities of the residents then... but right now we don't even know if there are going to be acquaintances in this season... though it is indeed a small world...
V: Don't you think that so far they all have good impressions? They both have very clean images.
Eana: Yeah, and Byulyi-ssi has a really great smile.

[Signal House Basement, 4:35 p.m.]

Jimin had finished the tour of the house and had sat down on the sofa in the lobby area, waiting for the next resident to appear. At that moment, the door opened and Byulyi walked into the house, dragging a dark purple luggage behind her, with a small brown sling bag slung over her shoulder. Jimin jumped to his feet.
Jimin: Oh, you're here! Annyeonghaseyo!
Byulyi: Omo, I thought I was the first! Annyeonghaseyo!
Jimin: I haven't been here that long either, just long enough to take a tour round the house, haha. Shall I bring you on a tour?
Byulyi: That'll be really nice. By the way, my name is Byulyi, Moon Byulyi.
Jimin: Oh no! I almost forgot to introduce myself. In fact, I already did if not for you, haha. I'm Jimin, Park Jimin.
Byulyi: Ah, Jimin...ssi.
Jimin: It's nice to meet you, Byulyi-ssi.
Byulyi: It's nice to meet you too.
Jimin: "Moon" is a really rare surname, yeah? But you must be honoured to share the same surname as President Moon, haha.

Byulyi: Yeah... haha. People around me say the same thing.
Jimin: Anyway, Byulyi, let me bring you around! The house is really nice.
Jimin and Byulyi walked side by side up the stairs, and Jimin gave Byulyi a short tour of the rooms. Then, they sat down on the sofa in the living room to have a chat.

[Signal House Living Room, 4:40 p.m.]

Byulyi: You're right. The house is indeed very nice.
Jimin: Did you watch the past seasons of Heart Signal?
Byulyi: Actually... I didn't. I joined this programme with no prior knowledge, just my mother telling me about it and it sounding pretty interesting based on what she told me. I do plan on watching it soon though, it sounds interesting.
Jimin: It is very interesting! In fact, it could be part of the reason why I decided to join.
Byulyi: Really? That's cool...
Jimin and Byulyi talk and laugh like old friends, with no air of awkwardness between them.
Byulyi: Jimin-ssi, you must be the kind who's very extroverted and can get along with anyone.
Jimin: You're kind of right. I just somehow can strike up conversations with people.
Byulyi: I'm glad. Let's get along well in the following weeks to come!

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: Oh... it's going pretty good.
V: Jimin-ssi is very friendly.
Eana: They're both very friendly.
Jaewoong: It's really good that they aren't awkward unlike previous seasons.
Sangmin: It's a nice refreshing change to see residents being friendly with each other from the beginning.
J-Hope: Haha, yeah. The "President Moon" comment from Jimin-ssi was nice.
Sangmin: It's quite amazing how they can still strike up a good conversation considering the fact that they can't reveal their age or job yet, only their names.
RM: I agree, but I think the conversation works because both of them are making an effort to talk and get to know each other. It really does take two hands to clap.
Jongshin: So far do you think they're interested in each other?
Eana: To me, they haven't sent signals yet... The vibes they give seem platonic to me.
Jaewoong: I agree. They both seem extroverted, which is probably why they can communicate well with each other but I don't sense any signals yet.
RM: I think we need to watch on to see their reactions to different residents so that we can compare.b
Jongshin: RM, you're indeed wise just like the rumours. Let's watch on.

__________________________________
Author's Note

__________________________________Author's Note

Moon Byulyi is actually Byulyi's real name. Byulyi is a member, main rapper and main dancer of a four-member girl group managed by RBW, known as MAMAMOO. I have enjoyed MAMAMOO's music ever since I got to know about them last year (2017). They are well-known for their amazing vocal abilities, dorky personalities and catchy songs. They are one of the most talented girl groups around, in my opinion. If you've never heard of them, I highly recommend checking out their music.