E11P3: "Don't Ever Break His Heart"

{OST: "A Lot Like Love" by Baek Ayeon}

25th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 24,
Day of Final Date,
Monday

[Signal House, 1:00 p.m.]

The residents had left the Busan camping site early that morning, after the rest of the residents had checked out the beach and they had all gone for a nice breakfast at a nearby seafood restaurant. Yes, they ate sashimi for breakfast. In the train on the way back, they sat in their date pairings and had fun discussing their date plans together. They made it back to Seoul later that day at about 12:30 p.m. and back to the Signal House to put down their things. By 1:00 p.m., all the couples were already out of the house, going on their separate dates.

[Gwangjang Market, 1:30 p.m.]

Jungkook and Jieun reached the Gwangjang market later in the afternoon and settle down at one of the stalls for street food, to ease their growling stomachs. Jungkook was a regular there and knew the ahjumma at the counter. She was a tall and round lady, who always tied up her hair up into a bun and was always smiling. She grinned when she saw Jungkook walking towards the shop.

<Ahjumma Lee, Owner of Youngja's Delicacies in Gwangjang Market>

Delicacies in Gwangjang Market>

[Youngja's Delicacies, 1:35 p.m.]

Ahjumma Lee: Jungkook-ie! You're here! I haven't seen you for weeks!
Jungkook smiled and went forward to shake Ahjumma Lee's hands with both hands.
Jungkook: Ahjumma! It sure has been long! Today, I brought someone along.
Jungkook grabbed Jieun by the wrist and pulled her gently forward, to show to Ahjumma Lee. Ahjumma smiled and held onto Jieun's hands with her own, looking at her carefully. She then looked back at Jungkook, leaning forward to half-whisper to him.
Ahjumma Lee: Yeoja-chingu?
Jungkook laughed and looked at Jieun, who had also heard what she had said.
Jungkook: We're just getting to know each other better.
Jieun looked away, pretending like she didn't care. Ahjumma Lee laughed.
Ahjumma Lee: Some?
Jungkook winked at her and Ahjumma nodded cheekily.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: The ahjumma is so funny.

[Youngja's Delicacies, 1:40 p.m.]

Jungkook: Please give us some tteokbokki, gimbap, twigim, odaeng, dakgangjeong, bindaetteok and kimchi jeon.
Ahjumma Lee and Jieun gasped and spoke at the same time.
Ahjumma Lee: So little-?
Jieun: So much-?
Jieun laughed.
Jieun: Wait, this is little?
Ahjumma nodded her head.
Ahjumma Lee: He orders almost as much as this when he comes alone.
Jungkook laughed.
Jungkook: This lady here has a light appetite, so please understand.
Ahjumma Lee laughed.
Ahjumma Lee: I got it.
She beamed at the both of them before returning to the kitchen to prepare the food. Jieun turned to Jungkook.
Jieun: I always knew you ate a lot... but not this much!
Jungkook laughed.
Jungkook: The amount of food you see me eating for dinner is actually half the amount of food I eat for dinner since I do actually eat before going home.
Jieun's jaws dropped.
Jieun: Then how do you stay this... trim?
Jungkook felt his stomach.
Jungkook: I'm not as trim as I used to be... but I do exercise a lot. When you're at work, most of the time I'm gymming or running about.
Jieun: Ah... that explains it.
Jungkook laughed.