E6P4: "Best Friends To Lovers"

{OST: "I'm Not Okay" by Chen (EXO)}

10th December 2018,
Heart Signal Day 9,
Monday

[R&B&W Restaurant, 1:12 p.m.]

Heeyeon: I'm sorry, please continue.
Byulyi sighed.
Byulyi: Everything about the date was great - there was this warm and cozy tent with cushions and blankets and he made us food and yeah, his food was really good because he's a chef. Then, we had a chat, then we went for seconds at a food tent. The date was pretty enjoyable.
Heechul: I mean, if I were him, I would have mayb-
Heechul shut up for the second time when he saw that his girlfriend's expression wasn't looking good.

Heechul: I mean, if I were him, I would have mayb-Heechul shut up for the second time when he saw that his girlfriend's expression wasn't looking good

Heeyeon: Kim Heechul- One more time and you're going to be grounded for the whole of next week.
Heechul held both his hands up.
Heechul: Alright, continue, continue.
Heeyeon directed her attention back to Byulyi.
Heeyeon: If the date went so well, then what went wrong?
Byulyi sighed sadly, unable to forget what happened that day.
Byulyi: First and foremost, when I asked him what he thought of the girls, he totally left me out! Later when I asked why, he said of course I'm the best amongst all of them. That really gave me hope, you know? But after that, he said that it was because I was his "best friend".
Heeyeon reached over the table and patted Byulyi's shoulder with a sympathetic expression on her face.
Byulyi: When I went back at night, I cried under my blankets.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: What?! She did?!
Eana: Where's the footage! Show us the footage!
The clip plays and the screen shows Byulyi walking with a sad expression on her face into the room, taking off her coat, crawling under the sheets and turning off the lights. A few moments later, only the sound of soft muffled sobbing could be heard in the dark. The panelists looked at each other sadly.
RM: This is too painful to watch...
Eana sobs slightly and Jongshin notices.
Jongshin: Eana-ssi, are you crying?
Eana wipes away a tear.
Eana: No I'm not!

[R&B&W Restaurant, 1:30 p.m.]

Heeyeon frowned, a sympathetic expression spreading across her face.
Heeyeon: Oh no! Byulyi...
Heeyeon walked over to Byulyi's side of the table and sat down beside her, placing her hand on Byulyi's back. Byulyi smiled gratefully at her friend.
Heeyeon: I totally get how you feel. Remember, this idiot over here kept breaking my heart every time he introduced me to his new girlfriend as his "best friend"?
Heeyeon glared at Heechul and Heechul winced.

 Remember, this idiot over here kept breaking my heart every time he introduced me to his new girlfriend as his "best friend"?Heeyeon glared at Heechul and Heechul winced

Heeyeon: The worst thing is that he had a new girlfriend every month!
Byulyi looked into her best friend's eyes.
Byulyi: You're right - you guys went from best friends to lovers. I don't even know how you do it, Heeyeon.

[Heart Signal Panel]

J-Hope: Oh-? Then her friend would be a good person to ask for advice!

[R&B&W Restaurant, 1:35 p.m.]

Heeyeon shrugged.
Heeyeon: It was pretty simple for me! I kept wondering why I felt weird whenever that happened and that was how I realised my feelings for him. I just confessed when the opportunity arose and somehow we got together!
Heechul laughed.
Heechul: Yeah, when I agreed, I never knew I could date her for so long. I never get sick of her because we bicker all day and get closer and closer, it's great.
Heechul and Heeyeon smiled at each other. Byulyi sighed again.
Byulyi: Guys- it's a rule that I can't confess in the house. I really just feel like giving up on him. Furthermore, I feel like he likes this other girl in the house. She's a clothes designer - and a really really pretty one may I add. I can never beat her!
Heeyeon frowned.
Heeyeon: Aw, man! Byulyi, don't say that! You just don't see how attractive you are! Maybe you need to start dressing up more. Start with wearing skirts more often, instead of pants.
Byulyi glanced over at Heeyeon.
Byulyi: Nah, I'm not gonna change my style of clothing just for a guy. I wear whatever's comfortable and what I like!

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: I like that! You shouldn't live for others but yourself! V nods his head and smiles in agreement.

[R&B&W Restaurant, 1:40 p.m.]

Heeyeon laughed.
Heeyeon: I like that attitude, girl! You do you!
But Byulyi did not feel any better.
Byulyi: I just really feel like I have no more energy to like him anymore...
Heeyeon had long finished her bibimbap and was now eyeing Heechul's leftovers, which he had left on the table. She looked at Heechul for approval and once he nodded, she pulled it in front of herself and dug in.
Heeyeon: Hey, then what about the other guys in the house!
Byulyi thought for a while.

Byulyi: There's this new guy yesterday, he's a photographer and reaaaaally cute, but you know, he's 22 - too young for me

Byulyi: There's this new guy yesterday, he's a photographer and reaaaaally cute, but you know, he's 22 - too young for me. Then there's also a 24-year-old dancer, he's practically my bestie in the house. We talk about almost everything. But you know, I don't feel any sparks with him. Lastly, there's this really mysterious guy in the house. He's a DJ and song-writer - he seldom talks much, but when he does, he's really pretty charming.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Eana: She's talking about Yoongi-ssi, isn't she?
Jongshin: Yeah- she sent him a message a few nights ago.

[R&B&W Restaurant, 1:42 p.m.]

Heeyeon eyed her friend suspiciously.
Heeyeon: Oooooooh... seeing how you smile when you talk about him, you might actually be pretty interested in him! Why don't you try to get to know him better?
Byulyi: That's what I've been thinking, actually. Every time I talk to him, I get to know so much more about him and he seems like a really nice dude.
Heeyeon smiled, seeing that her friend looked like she felt much better.
Heeyeon: How do you think he feels?
Byulyi hesitated.
Byulyi: I really don't know. I've been asking the dancer guy, who's his roommate and he also says he doesn't know - since they don't really talk much.
Heeyeon: Girl. You gotta make the first move, invite him out someday! One-on-one!
Byulyi: Hmm... you're right. I'll think about it.

[Heart Signal Panel]

Jongshin: What do you think? Do you think she'll really give up on Seokjin-ssi and pursue Yoongi- ssi instead?
Eana: I highly support that decision! She deserves someone who likes her!
V: Yoongi-ssi doesn't like her though...
Eana: I mean... Yoongi so far hasn't really said who he likes yet so maybe she still has a chance! But for Seokjin-ssi... nothing has happened over so many years...
V sighs.