Hard conversation.

Addison's P.O.V.

The moon casts an eerie glow, as it rises above this desolate night. I was wishing I was with Negan, not here about to see my ex-boyfriend, who I thought was dead. My hand's clasp the doorknob to his room as a soft sigh escapes my lips.

The loud creak of the door alerts Trent that someone has entered his room, causing his bead to jerk in my direction. His soft blues soften as they gaze up at me from his bed. He says nothing, as I sit by him on a large leather chair, unable to speak.

Moments pass, then he finally tosses his hands up in frustration. "Are you just going to sit there? Or are you going to say something?" The harshness in his tone was something I have never heard.

" Don't yell at me!" I snapped, as I shifted in my seat.

" I came in here because Rick says you want to see me. He said you need to tell me something. So what it is?" I asked irritated, by his outburst.

A slow trickle of tears flows down his scared face, making me feel guilty for being so harsh. His hands tremble, as he lifts his blanket, then his shirt, revealing the bullet wound on his back.

" The bullet hit my spine. I can't walk anymore. I am paralyzed! That asshole you are with took away my ability to walk!" He spat bitterly, as he tossed the blanket back over his legs.

My heart instantly broke, as the realization hit me. Is he paralyzed? I thought he was dead, but he not only alive but also suffering. I know that has to be a terrible thing to endure, and I can't imagine the humiliation he must feel.

" I thought you died that day. You feel so abruptly, that I was sure you had left me. I was so angry with you for you kidnapping me, then left me alone in that rat infested hell hole. I just had no idea you have been suffering all this time.

I am sorry for what you have been through; it can't be easy knowing I am happy when you are miserable."

His bottom lip trembles, as fresh tears run down his face. His sorrow filled eyes glance up at me, filling me with guilt.

" How? How could you love him? He has made our lives hell. He took you from me and gave the iron. He burned my fucking face! He paralyzed me! And he took the one good thing in my life from me. I wish I was dead, then I wouldn't feel like a useless piece of shit."

It hurts to see him like this, so broken and hurt. I know it's my fault, I broke his heart. I instinctively place my hands on his, feeling the coldness of his hands.

" I can't sit here and justify the shit Negan has done. I won't pretend that he hasn't hurt people, or that he hasn't hurt you. I know full well he has taken everything from you.

I am so sorry about that, and I wish I could help you. I also know that he has protected me, and cared for me. He may not be the best person morally, but he does care for me. "

Trent rolled his eyes.

" If he cares for you, then why does he have other wives?"

"It's complicated. They all need something from him, and some don't have a choice. I can't defend him on that. I just know Negan can be a good man. I love him. " I spoke softly, as tears coursed down my cheeks.

" Rick will win this war, and when he does, Negan will die. Rick has someone helping him on the inside. Someone who hates Negan as much as we do. So, I would quit loving that asshole if I were you."

" Trent, if you love me, then you won't want me to be miserable. Truly loving someone means letting them go if they don't love you back. This war, will not just kill the guilty, it will kill the innocent as well.